Intermittent Reboots with ROM

Discussion in 'ChevyNo1' started by maseren, Jun 16, 2010.

1. maseren

maseren New Member

Hi Everyone,

I am unsure if this issue is related to Froyo rom in general, SS 4 or the kernels, however, here is my situation. First one or two days that I have the rom running, I seem to be stable and fine, however, soon afterwards I start getting random reboots, and reboots during conversations, its making things really hard to be honest. I'm not even sure how often the phone reboots, anyone know of some APP that can keep track of that?

Any suggestions what might cause this as well? or anyone else also having similar issues?

Thanks guys! Chevy your rom is awesome, but i just wish it wouldn't keep crashing. I'll give 4.1 a try perhaps, not sure if its more stable or just has more features.
  2. Aixelsyd

Aixelsyd New Member

What kernel are you running? IE is it low voltage or ultra low voltage? If it is chevy's ultra low try putting one of his low voltage kernels on it instead. worse case try one of his newly posted medium voltage kernels. random reboots like that are almost always the kernel.
  3. etx_droid

etx_droid New Member

True dat...and make sure you wipe, it's amazing what a wipe can do as well!
  4. maseren

maseren New Member

Thanks for the response guys!

I guess i'll try his medium kernel, but his previous LOW kernel worked just fine for me at 1ghz. Currently trying the 1ghz LOW kernel as well and thats the one causing the intermittent issues.

Wiping i've tried, but here is a question, could restoring data cause the issues to recur?? that's my worry.
  5. etx_droid

etx_droid New Member

Yes it can, especially if those apps are made to work with 2.1 and not froYo...somebody correct me if I'm wrong please.
  6. tcrews

tcrews Premium Member Premium Member Developer

restoring data to user apps that you've downloaded, then no......

restoring data to system apps, then yes.....
  7. maseren

maseren New Member

do you guys know if chevy's backup and restore script will backup system settings?? i want to start over but wanted to know about his backup script first and if i can use it to avoid starting with a messed up system settings.
  8. ChevyNo1

ChevyNo1 Premium Member Premium Member Developer

If you use '-c' (only in 4.1) it will restore system settings as well. Use '-a' to restore just apps + data
  9. maseren

maseren New Member

Awesome! thanks Chevy! and everyone! gods i love these forums, fastest responses ever! ok, here i go, another wipe and reinstall with 4.1 this time!

Hey anyone know if restoring the wireless access points information could cause issues? i have about 5-6 i'd rather not loose :). Also, what's the stock kernal? medium voltage 1ghz? or low?
  10. ChevyNo1

ChevyNo1 Premium Member Premium Member Developer

Not sure on the wireless ...

Stock kernel is 1.0 LV ...
  11. maseren

maseren New Member

Well i've done it! Wiped it to basics and just basically reloaded everything manually, minus a lot of the extra data so i can be sure its running basic setup. I've not moved anything to SD card via titanium to be sure thats not a cause, i kept the stock kernal that comes with 4.1 and will test things for the next 2-3 days and see if i start rebooting at random. My hopes is that I am very stable with this basic setup. Anyone know if FLASH could cause any issues?? or should i load it and not worry.
  12. maseren

maseren New Member

Looks like the issue came back unfortunately. I guess my next step is to update my kernel to the medium one. Chevy, any idea what kind of battery loss and added heat that might incur?

thanks again!