Interesting news on Launcher Pro

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Good stuff. Wonder how long it will take. I use lp as my default and have been quite satisfied.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
waiting for it, until then Ima play with ADW for a min. But I like how both devs keeps improving on their programs.

huskerkate

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
this is outstanding news!! the level of customization available with LP is great - especially in the dock bar. (for the record, i really like ADW, too.) i think it's great that Fede is "breaking from the mold" of launchers - this could end up being really cool!!

Darkseider

Reaction score
This is phenomenal news! I can only imagine how clean and awesome this will be. Not only for a feature/customization standpoint but from a performance standpoint as well. Assuming the coding is clean, and as has been witnessed LP outperforms the stock launcher 10x, then this new Launcher Pro being built from scratch should be mind blowing! I am so glad I dropped the $2.99 on LP+

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
great to hear. its already clean but wonder how much faster itll be once he designs it for 2.2

wildride89

Reaction score
Are we going to have to update I like lp the way it is. I uninstalled it the other day to get the custom theme lp and the stock browser is just horrible. Hopefully the new lp will be great like this version

OP
R

Redflea

Silver Member
Reaction score
Given what Fede has been able to do working w/the stock launcher, I would expect that something where he has complete control from the ground up will be pretty impressive.

I'd love to help beta test it...

tdog7879

Reaction score
I would go back to launcher pro as soon as the redraw issue is gone right now ADW works great! no lag ,FC,redraws what so ever!

huskerkate

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Have you tried samsonite801's script/ toggle fix for the LP lag and redraw issue?? It worked wonders for me! He has it laid out in his sig- just find any post by him and you'll be good to go!

ndhill1976

Reaction score
Maybe some themers will start using LP instead of ADW now. ADW is okay and I have tried it a few times, but I keep going back to LP after an hour or so of ADW.

icculusX

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
This guy is the bomb... I can't wait man... This is one of the few android apps that continue to get constant attention, updates, and improvement. Also one app that I use like 100 times a day or more :)

Thanks dev, you rock...

huskerkate

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
This guy is the bomb... I can't wait man... This is one of the few android apps that continue to get constant attention, updates, and improvement. Also one app that I use like 100 times a day or more :)

Thanks dev, you rock...

no argument here - Fede is da man!