Interesting new app 'Kainy'; play PC games like Skyrim, Portal & More on phones/tabs

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
[video=youtube;NjFM2r17OkU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=NjFM2r17OkU[/video]​

There is a new debut app from a dev named, Jean-Sebastien Royer, available on the app store, and it has a very intriguing concept. The app is called "Kainy", and it allows you to remotely stream your PC-games on your Android smartphone or tablet using Wi-Fi, 3G, or 4G. At first blush it's easy to spot that the big problem with this idea is that the various games on PC's have an infinite variety of control schemes. Luckily, Jean-Sebastien Royer accepted this challenge and created a brilliant way around it. Built into "Kainy" is a completely customizable control scheme system, that even includes around 100 custom preset control schemes, including accelerometer controls where those could function properly.

In fact, Kainy even allows you to connect a Bluetooth keyboard for extra options, and the app offers 128-bit authentication/data encryption. Finally, the dev shares on his website that weekly updates are a priority for him which could mean great things for the potential of this app. You can find the app for $5.04 in the Google Play Store. Here are some links below and a demo video above.

Source: AndroidPolice and Kainy Developer Website and Google Play Store

smokiedabong

Reaction score
I love playing PC games but my three 27" 3D Vision surround monitors always make me dizzy and I hate the sound of those 3-way SLI GTX580 , this application is just perfect, now I can sit on my sofa away from my PC and play games :)

SwiftLegend

Reaction score
I love playing PC games but my three 27" 3D Vision surround monitors always make me dizzy and I hate the sound of those 3-way SLI GTX580 , this application is just perfect, now I can sit on my sofa away from my PC and play games :)
If they make you that dizzy, I'll gladly take them off your hands :)

kptphalkon

Reaction score
Remote desktop is laggy itself because it uses a virtual desktop on the client-side. If this just streams video playback and the control data without having to emulate too many things it should work on most phones.

akhenax

Silver Member
Reaction score
I don't play games on my PC, but this looks super awesome.