Interesting issue...

Discussion in 'Android Roms' started by danknerd, Jul 7, 2010.

1. danknerd

danknerd New Member

Maybe it already exist, or others have experienced this.. but, ok I upgraded to Kangerade 5.0.9 Blue today, from 2.0.5... everything was fine, but I wanted to play around with several different roms; but I also wanted a fresh completely factory stock phone (no photos, music, apps, etc..) so I decided to just delete them via app manager and via USB connected to my pc. It seemed that it worked after I then installed sapphire 0.7... but then I wanted to go back to Kangerade but in red and it found all my apps and reinstalled them even though i did a wipe and clear cache.

What gives?

How do I completely erased my phone to factory stock??

and then try BB .04 (though I do not like the ROM manager app I prefer SPRecovery myself (dont know if BB supports it)) and/or UD 2.5/3.0

Thanks in advance :)
  2. 7h3.4pp12en7ic3

7h3.4pp12en7ic3 New Member

I'm not quite sure what you are talking about. Photos and music are stored on the sdcard, so wiping data has no affect on that. Your apps might have reinstalled through Froyo's automatic market sync feature. But I'm not quite sure because I am having a hard time understanding your English. When you went "back" to Kangerade, did you reinstall, or reflash from a nandroid backup? If you flashed a nandroid, that would be why your apps restored, its a backup. If you installed, I would venture to guess it is the market sync.
  3. Johnly

Johnly Guest

lol, check my sig (I have said this allot tonight, so don't worry) to root and back:)
  4. danknerd

danknerd New Member

When I went back to Kangerade I wiped and reinstalled with a brand new download.

On the market sync, I understand what it is doing, however I have uninstalled the apps I no longer want but when I install any new rom now android OS resyncs all apps I have downloaded and purchased even ones that I had previously uninstalled. I guess it is just annoying and I will have to just manually always uninstall the apps I do not want even if they resync.