Interesting Issue

countryboy498

Reaction score
I bought my first Razr 15 days ago... I know this because I am now getting a "like new" Razr. A week after getting my first Razr the micro USB slot quit working, which is to say it would not take a charge any longer and I could not link it to my laptop either. I brought it back, Verizon confirmed the issue and just gave me a new replacement.

I woke up this morning to a almost dead phone. My "new" one did the exact same thing. I called Verizon and they are sending me a like new phone but I am wondering what is going on. Everything I have is Verizon original equipment... My car dock, car charger, and all my home chargers are all from Verizon. The only thing I can think of is maybe I got a bad car dock?

Only other issue is every time I connect to my laptop my ringtones get all out of whack. I am tethering my laptop using easytether pro.

Any ideas out there? I know most of the people here are smarter than I am on these phones. I am coming off a Droid X which I had rooted and running Liberty and my wife liked it so much she stole it. :) But other than these issues the razor is a fantastic phone.

Last edited:

tclarktc

Reaction score
I've actually had the same problem, just not with my RAZR. Couple years ago I went through 3 BlackBerry's who all had some sort of software malfunction pertaining to a charge. The first wouldn't even recognize being plugged in, the second got what I call "Faux Charged". It showed a completely full battery but within minutes of being unplugged it died. The third time it failed, I picked it up at the store at night, went home turned it on, and just put it on the charger. Next morning it looked like something had blown up onto the screen from the inside.