Interesting cmparison on VZN's site...

Discussion in 'Android General Discussions' started by Rollingbones, Mar 30, 2010.

1. Rollingbones

Rollingbones Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Just for schlitz and giggles, I thought I'd do a comparison of the Storm 2, the Devour and our beloved Driod using Verizon's "Compare Up To Three Devices" format. If a person were to use this as the only criteria to judge or compare the three phones, the Droid would loose. Seriously. What it doesn't say the freedom and true capibility of the Droid. I know the Devour is supposed to be the next Droid, but it's also offered as a more affordable version od the Droid. It also shows that the VZN Nagiate (costs about $10/month) is available on Storm and Devour, but not on Droid (Google maps which is much better and free). The most profound thing the comparison mentions is the 8gb micro-card (expandable to 16gb) on the Devour, but nothing about the 16gb card on the Storm 2 and the Droid. Yup, very interesting indeed!!!

As a side note, my wife has the Storm 2 which I've had the opportunity to play with. Glad I chose Droid!!!

2. takeshi

takeshi Silver Member

Ratings:
    +0
    We call that spec sheet racing in the auto world. It applies to just about everything in life. Looking just at the specs doesn't tell you everything. Research is the buyer's responsibility. Don't count on a single source for all your info.

3. Rollingbones

Rollingbones Member

Ratings:
    +0
    This was why I made sure to research the Droid and other phones before purchasing. Outside Verizon was some of the comparisons to the iphone, most of which seemed to be written by iphone fans. No matter how you slice it or ice it, each is what it is, a device that does or does not meet the needs of the customer (a little TQM thrown in there)...