1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Interested in trying new ROMs but don't want to lose data. Need advice.

Discussion in 'Thunderbolt Hacks' started by vptbuser, Apr 13, 2012.

1. vptbuser

vptbuser New Member

I currently have my Verizon TB rooted and S-OFF, and am capable of flashing ROMs onto it. I would love to try some of the custom ROMs available especially Cyanogen. However, I know when flashing a ROM you lose all your personal data and settings.

Currently I have Titanium Backup, and have backed up all of my user apps and system data. Now my question...is Titanium Backup universal across ROMs? For example: could I back up my current ROM and restore to a new ROM fine? Or is it only good for restoring back to the ROM in which it came. Additionally, how does the process work, and how likely is failure to occur? I'm sure I could figure this all out, I just don't want it to be at the expense of my data. Any information would be very much appreciated.

Thank you.
  2. DROID11

DROID11 New Member

I believe you have to have titanium pro to utilize the batch restore feature, but it works just like backing up and is universal across roms, you may run into compatibility issues on a few apps if you go from gingerbread to ice cream sandwich, though

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using DroidForums
  3. vptbuser

vptbuser New Member

So I would have to select each item to restore manually? If that is the case I will probably give it a shot and if those restores go well I see no reason not to purchase.
  4. vptbuser

vptbuser New Member

I just noticed there are different downloads for different phones. I know TB isn't officially supported, but which would I download...
  5. trter10

trter10 Developer Developer

of what?
Search tags for this page
do u lose your data when flashing a custom rom
does flashing phone rom lose personal data and apps
flash new rom without losing apps

flash rom android lose data

flash rom without losing everything

how to flash a rom and not lose everything
how to flash rom without losing data
how to update android rom without losing data