Interested in opinions about rugged cases.

1984blazerboy

Reaction score
Hi everyone. I am new to this forum. I just got my droid incredible and so far I really like it. My only concern is that I work in a moderately harsh environment, as such I am interested in some opinions about the rugged cases that are available for my phone. If anyone has info on them that would help my decision on this topic I would would greatly appreciate any thoughts or comments. The three cases that I am interested in are: the Otterbox Defender, the Seidio Rugged, and the Trident Kraken. I am mostly interested in the protection qualities, and being able to fit it in the leg pocket of my carpenter jeans.

GT944

Reaction score
Heard many good things about the otterboxes, but I use a silicone back with invisishield so I'm not really into the beefy cases. I did shop for bigger ones and the otters seem to get some of the best reviews...

Sent from my ADR6300

OP

1984blazerboy

Reaction score
If anyone has one of these cases and could get the measurements for them and post them that would be most helpful.

XSparksX

Reaction score
I have a body glove defender case (which I bought from the Verizon store!!!!) That I warn everyone about. It was recommended to me by the guy at the store. The case actually scratches the phone on the sides. WHAT IS THE POINT?! I have ordered the trident kraken case which will be here in a few days. I will post dimensions, photo, and short review when I get it.

turtle13

Reaction score
i had the otterbox defender, and i hated it the outer skin wouldnt stay on propely. Also, it adds some bulk to the phone. I use the seidio active x case and it fits great.

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums App

hood

Reaction score
I would go with the Trident kraken. I know several construction workers that use this case and they haven't had any problems. Here is a link with some of these cases.http://amzn.to/iaWdis

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

bwarnicke

Reaction score
I have the Trident Kraken and for the most part I love it. I work as a Forester so the conditions I work in are extreme, from wet and cold to dry and dusty. I usually keep my phone in the leg pocket of my jeans so it does get exposed to a lot of the pounding by brush and the moister from sweat and precip. I’ve had my phone and Kraken case for over a month and my phone looks and operates as good as the day I bought it! The only thing I don’t really like about the Kraken is that it makes the phone a bit bulky, but as long as it protects I can live with that!

Trident Kraken measurements for the Droid Incredible:
3” Wide
5” Tall
3/4” Thick

Droid Incredible phone measurements (without Kraken case):
2 3/8” Wide
4 5/8” Tall
1/2” thick

wheelguner

Reaction score
this is probably too late to help

I have the Seidio rugged set and so far I am very pleased. I like the multiple layers which really offer a lot of protection. The two piece Rugged portion offers excellent "crash" protection with its hard corner guards and soft body wrap. I really like the locking latch function and as yet (2 months) have'nt had it pop out of the belt holder the way my original Blackberry did frequently. Only time will tell if the good feelings continue long term. The dimensions are 4 7/8"x2 1/2"x3/4" outside.

OP

1984blazerboy

Reaction score
Thank you all for your input. I have to say that I have had the Kraken case for my phone for almost a month now, and I could not be happier. Sorry I didn't post about it sooner, but I am not really computer savvy, so I tend to just steer away from it. but like I said I do appreciate the input and will come back to the forums whenever I have more questions about my phone. On a funny side note I didn't have my phone for more than a month before the external speaker blew, and I had to get the phone replaced. My new phone showed up the same day my case did so we will see if the case protects this speaker from metal filings this time.

mike221

Reaction score
I just got a plastic , 2 peice case for the incredible and so far its nice. The best screen you can get is the invisisheild by ZAGG. They come sized for your phone and it covers the whole front. You can get it for the back of the phone but thats why i have a hard case. The invsisheild can be bought online. I got it at my local mall... it was 20 bucks and well worth it. No air bubbles, and no scratches show up on the cover.

Sent from my ADR6300

TurboDub

Reaction score
Welcome to the forums dude. I personally have the speck case. Idk any specifications about it but I do know its very durable on the.outside and very gentle on the inside to give the phone a nice padded environment. It's black and red. Check it out on Google or the VZW website.

Sent from my Incredible Droid