Interest in Research before Rooting

SECfan30458

Reaction score
He guys, i'm new to the Dinc world, and i want to explore all possibilities. Rooting sounds like a good thing to do in some situations and bad in others. I would like to learn all about why I would want a rooted phone, and what are the safest steps to learn about what it does, and how to keep it going. I just bought it today so it should have all the new factory updates, 2.2.. I'm somewhat technically inclined but also got where i am by myself by trial and error and the internet. So I wont to know everything possible before I start this.. Thanks for your input!

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
also, link 2 in my sig is another good one

jkhonea

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
www.oldesouthdesign.com
And very smart move researching first. Many jump straight in and have problems. It is completely possible to root without issues, just follow the directions explicitly and don't rush anything. I swore I would never root my Incredible but got tired of waiting for 2.2 and did it. I will be hard pressed to go back to unrooted again.

OP
S

SECfan30458

Reaction score
I appreciate it guys.. I'm going to be reading for a while before I attempt it, but I just needed some ideas on where to start.. I believe this should help..

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Remember should you decide to root the community will be here to assist.

Mike