intercepting/receiving someone else's texts?

stevens_5

Reaction score
is it possible to somehow see what texts other people are receiving/sending? even if they are not on a droid?

or to somehow type in the phone # and get their location via GPS?

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm going to go way out on a limb here and say no. Not the average person anyway. Maybe if you're working for the cops or something.

thelion

Reaction score
Yup. There is an app for that. It is called "Creeper alert"
:icon_eek:

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score

Where? Link or it doesn't exist. It's not in the Market and the only other thing I saw was on Facebook.

smokiedabong

Reaction score
This is a criminal offense and not even the cops have permission to do this without an authorization from a court and evidence that you are involved in criminal activities .

thelion

Reaction score

Where? Link or it doesn't exist. It's not in the Market and the only other thing I saw was on Facebook.

So my :icon_eek: didn't give it away?

It doesn't exist. But if it did, it should def be called Creeper Alert. Because only creepers would want that.

jsh1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
This is a criminal offense and not even the cops have permission to do this without an authorization from a court and evidence that you are involved in criminal activities .

Well, unfortunately that is no longer true. Not since 9/11. No authorization from a court is required.

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score

Well, unfortunately that is no longer true. Not since 9/11. No authorization from a court is required.
Well, I can also tell you that there are privacy laws. When I worked for VZW, the only way text messages can be released is with a subpoena from a judge or police. You can't just call and request them.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score

That is true, but only the FBI/CIA will have access to that. And for the most part they will only care about suspicious people.

mcatdtDroid

Reaction score
when my wife and I were split up, but before I ultimately decided to divorce, on the account she had for us, she had a dummy phone set up to my phone number and she could indeed, intercept and read my texts on that phone.

so, it really depends on who you are creeping, or who is creeping you.... If I creeped you..... no question it's a violation of law.... if I creep another phone on my account..... perfectly possible.

You can set up a phone to monitor your child's tm patterns.... find out if your little princess is sexting at 2 am and sending pics of her tits to some 15 y.o. boy.... There are reasons I could see why it would be useful.

My wife was trying to prove infidelity.... mainly to justify hers, but other than intercepting tm's between my brother and me talking about her.... she got nothing.