Interactive/Smartass Governors

snipes1003

Reaction score
I saw that the droid 2 overclock app now has the option for both the interactive and smartass governors. Does anyone have any experience/opinion about their merits versus the ondemand governor? Through my own experience, it seems as if interactive was not quite as stable. Trying the smartass governor (which is supposed to save battery life by underclocking at certain times) atm, but wondering what everyone else thought. Thanks,Snipes

Cstryon

Reaction score
I just started using the smartass today. It's been a few hours and I've barely hit 80%. I'll know at the end of the day if it makes a huge dif...

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

OP
S

snipes1003

Reaction score
think it might have helped a bit w/ battery life yesterday; only dropped to about 90% after an hour long conference call (used the speaker phone) and some light web use (over wifi) over the course of 3.5 hours.

nerdslogic

Silver Member
Reaction score
I too am running smartass, but on GB leak and I have been impressed with the life extension of my battery.

Cstryon

Reaction score
It worked for me. by the end of the day,i still had 40%

Somnambulist

Reaction score
Where is the smartass governor listed? I've checked my Overclock app a couple times and haven't been able to find it. Version 2.1.5...

Cstryon

Reaction score
Its under cpu scaling frequency. Shouldbe top option in thr overclock app.

Somnambulist

Reaction score
Its under cpu scaling frequency. Shouldbe top option in thr overclock app.

Ohh ok so it's just the governor drop down menu? I was looking for something actually called Smartass Governor.. haha :icon_eek:

Scallywag1

Reaction score
U actually have to hit phones menu button, settings, and scroll down and install them with a reboot. Just fyi. Then set them using above method

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums