Intel Will Not Be Playing "me too" In The Mobile Market

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
intelatom.jpeg

Intel has not had much of a presence in the mobile space and that is all about to change. Hermann Eul, Intel's General Manager, said “2012 will be the year when we deliver the proof that yes, we are there.” He goes on to say “It will take us maybe a year or two. We can make things work that nobody has thought of. That is our clear target. It is not about playing a me-too.” Put on your best Southern drawl because them's some fightin' words. At the Consumer Electronics Show in January, Intel announced a reference design for phone makers that garnered a lot of attention so we fully expect them to deliver the goods. They have also inked deals with Motorola and Lenovo. The company's first foray into the Mobile space will be in high end Android Smartphones/Tablets, but they will eventually expand into the Windows market as well.

With so many great processors to choose from nowadays, Intel has just added another to the pile. We here at DF are pretty excited to see this chip get benched and hit some Motorola Phones. Hopefully MWC 2012 will bring us an Intel powered Motorola handset we all can get excited about. Stay tuned!

Source: AllthingsD

Tillmorn

Reaction score
Ever since I started really delving into the world of Android, I always wondered why Intel had not taken the mobile world by storm. They're at the top of the pile for PCs for a reason and it will be great to see what they can do for the mobile platforms.

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
Thats good actually. Sounds like a quality product will be delivered instead of pushing out a quad core just because the Tegra3 is out. I like that strategy.

MissionImprobable

Silver Member
Reaction score
Will be nice to see what kind of reduction in battery drain results from even better processors combined with the chipset radio like TI has developed.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
From what I know about Intel.... smart phones are about to get a whole lot smarter. Awesome. And 2 years puts the expected turn out time in line for all of my upgrades. Kewl

sent from my RAZR MAXX

trestevenson

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Huawei Nexus 6P
If the next Nexus device is made by Motorola with an Intel processor powering it, there's absolutely no question that they'll have a winner on their hands!