Intel Atom Z2460 (Medfield) Benchmarked, Beats Competition

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
[video=youtube;mUZGjUk75gY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=mUZGjUk75gY[/video]​

Intel's booth was quite busy at CES 2012 and for good reason. Everyone wanted to check out the new kid on the block, and it is creating quite a buzz in the blogosphere .

The Atom Z2460 clocked at 1.6GHZ and sporting a Single Core is posting some impressive benchmarks. The processor is posting these scores on "stock" Gingerbread, we can't wait to find out what kind of benchmarks it pulls while running Google's newest OS.

intelmed.png

intelmed1.png

Via: Phandroid

phxslayer

Reaction score
I noticed the Rezound isn't part of the benchmarking :)

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
Wow, that is the fastest phone I've seen and the camera (burst shot and the 360 vid) mind = blown!

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
Wow, that is going to be one hell of a hardware platform for phones. I can't wait to see what happens when it hits production. Intel is a huge name and has lots and lots of money in the bank to put into development. I love that it was a stock gingerbreak OS and no UI, lets hope they keep it that way.

eagle923

Reaction score
Intel has never had a problem producing speed. It is battery life they stink at. I can see these phones lasting about 6 minutes on battery!

nickb34

Reaction score
Looks good to me, what would be awesome is if this was part of the employee bonus for this year or next year!

akhenax

Silver Member
Reaction score
This phone has more power than my Netbook, with the same Atom Processor and more memory. WTF

metalspring

Silver Member
Reaction score
i find it odd they used browser benchmarks rather than cpu/gpu oriented benchmarks for a processor?? run linpack or antutu benchmark or even neocore on it and see what it does...

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
And motorola just inked a deal with intel. Imagine that with ics. Wow. And if Google could grace us with a motorola nexus with the intel chip so we will have a lighter phone ui wise....imagine what we would have in our hands.

View attachment 45794

OP
cereal killer

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
And motorola just inked a deal with intel. Imagine that with ics. Wow. And if Google could grace us with a motorola nexus with the intel chip so we will have a lighter phone ui wise....imagine what we would have in our hands.

View attachment 45794
Im really liking Moto's UI a lot. Never though I'd say it but they have a winner. Unless they go backward with the functionality and looks I prefer it to "stock" Android. I'll even go so far as say I think the current UI on the RAZR is just as nice if not nicer than ICS.

You know me PC I was hardcore against any type of manufacturer UI but the manufacture overlays nowadays are just more appealing than stock in my opinion. ICS has finally added some great functionality but it's not anything I don't already have. At this point I'm not hoping for ICS to add anything more to the RAZR except an up to date OS. I don't need instant point and click, search bars, face unlock or the not so attractive blue theme. Bring me up to date and thats it. Moto can add some cool things on their own but I'm not wanting what stock ICS brings to the table (listed above)

metalspring

Silver Member
Reaction score
Im really liking Moto's UI a lot. Never though I'd say it but they have a winner. Unless they go backward with the functionality and looks I prefer it to "stock" Android. I'll even go so far as say I think the current UI on the RAZR is just as nice if not nicer than ICS.

You know me PC I was hardcore against any type of manufacturer UI but the manufacture overlays nowadays are just more appealing than stock in my opinion. ICS has finally added some great functionality but it's not anything I don't already have. At this point I'm not hoping for ICS to add anything more to the RAZR except an up to date OS. I don't need instant point and click, search bars, face unlock or the not so attractive blue theme. Bring me up to date and thats it. Moto can add some cool things on their own but I'm not wanting what stock ICS brings to the table (listed above)

To each their own I suppose lol, personally I find Motorolas ui to be the ugliest thing on Android (namely the icons)
A little more on topic now (kinda) but have you tried ics yet? Even on a pre alpha build on the D1 it does seem to add a good bit of functionality, like the developer options and widget previews in the app drawer and incredible web browser among other things, I just hope HTC, Motorola, Samsung, etc. add most if not all of these in and I'm curious as to how they will...also I can't wait to see what Intel will bring if/when they make a dual or even quad core version of this

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C

Not so attractive blue theme? You have a lot more blue than we do with that Moto ui (which I like also)!

jaycemiskel

Reaction score
Definitely to each his own. To me blur is tolerable but definitely not something I would prefer to ICS. A Motorola Nexus with an Intel processor would be great provided the battery life is good anyway. Intel has always been fast. It's battery life I'm worried about. If it's not a Nexus then I'll probably pass. I almost forgot how much better an unlocked bootloader was.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Last edited:
OP
cereal killer

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
To each their own I suppose lol, personally I find Motorolas ui to be the ugliest thing on Android (namely the icons)
A little more on topic now (kinda) but have you tried ics yet? Even on a pre alpha build on the D1 it does seem to add a good bit of functionality, like the developer options and widget previews in the app drawer and incredible web browser among other things, I just hope HTC, Motorola, Samsung, etc. add most if not all of these in and I'm curious as to how they will...also I can't wait to see what Intel will bring if/when they make a dual or even quad core version of this

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums
Yes I've used it :) don't get me wrong its nice but I'm quite happy being on a smooth, solid,fast and good looking build right now.

Stock GB to ICS is like night and day with ICS being a huge improvement over GB. But Ginger blur or whatever you want to call it to ICS isn't a giant leap forward. Now this is not a knock on ICS at all. They did a superb job on it. This is a testament of what a fantastic job Moto did on GB.

It truly is fantastic. ICS is the best OS yet in my opinion. Why? Because they have added functionality to it. Vanilla Android before was boooooooooooring. The development community brought it to a whole new level by doing what the manufacturers are doing.

Those are my thoughts :)

Sent from Droid RAZR

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Yes I've used it :) don't get me wrong its nice but I'm quite happy being on a smooth, solid,fast and good looking build right now.

Stock GB to ICS is like night and day with ICS being a huge improvement over GB. But Ginger blur or whatever you want to call it to ICS isn't a giant leap forward. Now this is not a knock on ICS at all. They did a superb job on it. This is a testament of what a fantastic job Moto did on GB.

It truly is fantastic. ICS is the best OS yet in my opinion. Why? Because they have added functionality to it. Vanilla Android before was boooooooooooring. The development community brought it to a whole new level by doing what the manufacturers are doing.

Those are my thoughts :)

Sent from Droid RAZR

Yes motorola has done a heck of a job with improving blur. And if you use the phone daily you wont notice the lag. I on the other hand have been using the nexus and I am not sure if its the hardware acceleration with ics or if its blur weighing down the system. But you can see some lag on the razr mainly in the browser. With that said the razr is far much better than the droid 2 was at when I hated the blur on that device. I played with the razr and actually would consider the razr maxx if I did not have the nexus. The razr is a really good device and motorola did a good job fixing the ui lag with this version of blur.