Integrating Two Different Themes

Discussion in 'Android Themes' started by jh12, Jun 24, 2010.

1. jh12

jh12 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I am currently running the LUNA THEME (by IcculusX) I also recently tried out the SteelBeast Theme (by CorCor67). Both themes are amazing but I would like to integrate and enjoy the best of both. What I would like to do if possible is keep the notification bars/icons and launcher icons from the SteelBeast theme and still have everything else from the Luna theme. Now I think this is possible....I have tried replacing .apk files I thought were correct but the install always fails.

Can someone please help?!?!?

----------------------------------------------------------------
    MotoDroid - UD Froyo eXtreme RC2 - "LUNA THEME"

2. jh12

jh12 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    That's great, yeah it def. seems like a sick setup. So let me get this straight using winzip I want to replace the contents of the apk folders with the other theme I want inserted. I am sorry if this seems like a trivial question I am pretty new at all of this.

Which file is the notification bar and icons in SteelBeast?
    Do they both have to be SPRecovery format?

Could you email the theme to me? BTW thanks for your help!

#2 jh12, Jun 24, 2010
    Last edited: Jun 24, 2010
  3. jh12

jh12 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    That sounds great!! I actually did just get the notification bar into the luna them! I can't believe I figured it out :icon_ banana: But please do post some screenshots! Would be great to see what you have done. I don't think I will have a problem from here out doing the tweeks myself, but it seems we have similar taste in themes so I would like to see what you have created.

Thanks for helping me understand this! Now the options are endless with customizing!!

Agreed!

CorCor67
    icculusX
    and
    ChevyNo1

You guys rock!! THANKS!!!

4. CorCor67

CorCor67 Premium Member
    Premium Member Developer

Ratings:
    +2
    Mediafire.com is where I upload, its free, and quick and easy to set up an account. Glad you like the theme, id be interested in seeing the combo :)

5. MAD450r

MAD450r Theme Developer
    Theme Developer

Ratings:
    +1
    someone beat me too it

Was going to suggest mediafire.

If you dont want to do it that way.
    You can use winrar to break it down into 3-4 files then email the pieces to him. Just a suggestion if you dont want to host it for more than just him.

If you want to share with other's I'd up it to mediafire then take a screen shot or 2. Then you can link the d/l to a post here and first put a small how too install it, it what it works on. Maybe link your screenshots so other's can see what you did.

Winrar is great for breaking files down. I use to release video all over the web and we had to use it so I been using it for years.

6. jh12

jh12 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Looks great man! Let me know where to go to find your upload (my download). I am working on creating a custom theme right now (at work) with luna/ steelbeast and a few others, I have now opened a door that will not close. This is great!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    MotoDroid - UD Froyo eXtreme RC2 - "LUNA THEME" / "SteelBeast Theme" mixup
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#6 jh12, Jun 25, 2010
    Last edited: Jun 25, 2010