Integrate ADWLauncherEX into CM7

Discussion in 'Cyanogenmod' started by adsfa34, Feb 16, 2011.

1. adsfa34

adsfa34 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I'm wondering if there is a method that would allow me to *integrate* ADWLauncherEX, which I purchased from the market, into CM7 like the regular ADWLauncher is. I like some of the extra features of the EX version, and I especially like the simplicity of the ADWSettings being nested in system's Settings.apk.

It's running fine, I just want to get to the ADWSettings under Settings.apk. I used Root Explorer to replace the default ADW with EX, chmod to 644 + reboot. That's it. I'm running the latest cm7 nightly...39 I think.

I looked around and thought maybe I could modify the androidmanifest.xml to "look" like it was the regular old ADW, but haven't tried that yet. I also have no idea how to symlink stuff because I've never needed to do it before, but I'm down to try just about anything.

Thanks in advance!

2. jaycemiskel

jaycemiskel Active Member

Ratings:
    +2
    I don't know if that's possible, but why do you want it in the settings? It would seem to me like it's more of a hassle. I like it not being in settings, but that's just my opinion.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

3. Bear in NM

Bear in NM Active Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Vaurnet,

You lost me with the settings part. But, if you want to delete the stock adw and have something running as launcher while you fiddle with it, there is a market version of the gingerbread launcher. last time I checked it was free. perhaps install that then you can go to town trying to get ADW where you want it.

Another option might be to try and force the market version into the zip file of the rom update. This might get tricky depending upon which recovery you are using. And then there is also the old adb push and install, but I have to admit your trying to force a typical data app to system is kinda unique. And interesting.

Craig

4. RafficaX

RafficaX Premium Member Premium Member Developer

Ratings:
    +0
    no you cant. would need adw ex source and need to compile the rom from scratch. adw ex source is not open and free currently.

5. adsfa34

adsfa34 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    "so you're sayin' I've got a chance..." lol jk Thanks RafficaX! ... that's exactly the answer I both was and wasn't looking for...if you know what I mean... haha

I think that it would suffice to say that I can learn to love it to way it is :)

thanks for all your work on UD! :)

Search tags for this page

adw launcher ex cyanogen

adw launcher for cm7
adw launcher vs xyanogenmid
adw louncher system for cm7
can i replace cyanogen launcher with adw ex
cm7 adw launcher
cm7 how to install adw launcher ex
cm7 upgrade adw

cyanogenmod adw launcher ex

update cm7 adw launcher