Insured or risk taker what's your angle?

cynkrzy

Platinum Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
I'm an Insurance kinda guy. Especially since I've been buying phones outright for the past few years.

I bought the $89.00 nexus plan from Google for my new 6P. If I keep it for 24 months, that's about $3.50/mo.

Cheaper than the VZW plan, not sure what the deductible is though.

Still.... paying $100.00 to replace a phone I jacked up is a lot better than a whole lotta Benjamins!

Reactions: cr6

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
Work insures mine. It's always been $100 to replace any phone. We have not had to replace an iPhone 6 or higher yet.

R

RETG

Thats awesome! So they will send you a check for $600 if you lose your phone?
In a sense yes. They will send you a check for the amount of the purchase to replace your phone. In my case it was $599.00; taxes are not included so I had to eat that. So if the replacement costs of the phone was $499, they would send a check for $499. If the replacement costs were $699, the check would be $600.00
I do believe that in the past year they have added a $25.00 deductible to a claim. Not a big deal.

hammerhead13

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note10+ 5G
So I went to Verizon last night and Spoke to the Agent. Did not mention the fact that it was the Best Buy Edition Phone. He had a Hard time trying to look up a SKU for my Phone and it may have been because of that Reason. Then he mentioned about the Discountinued Ballistic Nylon "Sapphire Blue" Model. So Naturally I went along With it. He told me that I would not get the same one back since that model was discontinued so I said fine. He got me all set up supposedly had to use some special code for that warranty "Code 25". My Phone is coming to me via FedEx and is listed in my EMail as Ballistic Nylon Black and is also a 64GB Model which I had 32GB. I will keep this updated on any changes but some far with no hassle I got it replaced. I think if you refer to it as the "Sapphire Blue" Model that may help. Good Luck to anyone else that needs to get theirs replaced and hopefully this is helpful info.

Reactions: cr6

hammerhead13

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note10+ 5G
Got my Replacement for my Droid Turbo BB Edition. Black Ballistic Nylon 64GB. Very happy. Good Luck to anyone else needing to replace the screen through Verizon. Remember to refer to it as the Discontinued "Sapphire Blue" Model. Hope this Helps.

jackiescivic

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Alright, I've got to chime in here, most of you know why :-D
SquareTrade is $99 and DOES NOT COVER LOSS OR THEFT. $75 deductible (unless you bought at Sam's or Costco, it's $50), 4 replacements in the 2 years of coverage, and one free battery replacement in the event the original battery is not holding at least a 50% charge.
Most newer Android phones are going to be a $150 deductible with Verizon's insurance. Apple is $199. Older Android phones go down to $99. AT&T insurance starts at $199 but has a declining deductible based on how long you go without a claim (less $50 every 6 momths).
Most of the time a home warranty is going to have a higher deductible than what the phone is worth, in my experience.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk