Insurance?

Nasteee

Reaction score
Hey guys. I got the insurance for my Droid X. I was wondering... What does this cover? If my phone gets smashed into a wall - am i covered? Do they give me a new one or is it a refurbished one? What all is covered by the insurance?

Thanks!

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Pretty much anything and you are covered....

If they have a refurb, thats what you get. If not, it's New.

naman919

Reaction score
Pretty much anything and you are covered....

If they have a refurb, thats what you get. If not, it's New.

+1

Also, a trick i learned, if you need to make a claim make sure you mention you need a new SD card as well. Typically if you've lost your phone you will anyway, but they don't assume that you will need one. Make SURE you ask for the SD card and you will get a new phone, not a refurb.

Asurion doesn't have access to memory cards and will send you out a brand new Droid <insert model> with original packaging and everything (SD card included).

When I lost my Droid1 a month ago, i made sure to ask the lady on the phone for an SD card when she asked about accessories. Out of curiosity I asked if it would be new or refurb and she said usually she can't tell, it's luck of the draw, but she said since an SD card is needed too, then it would be new.

YMMV, but regardless you're covered on pretty much anything that could happen to your phone. Enjoy it!