Insurance

Discussion in 'HTC ThunderBolt' started by Iryman, May 4, 2011.

1. Iryman

Iryman New Member

Does everyone usually get the verizon insurance? I ask cause I got insurance through where I got my phone at. Paid $100 upfront. If I need a claim I go back to the store and pay $40 and get a brand new one right there. If they quit making the phone I get a phone with similar specs brand new as a replacement. I paid the full $250 for the phone but so worth it for the insurance! Anyone else get this kind of insurance? I just font hear anyone talking about it

Sent from my T Bolt using DroidForums
  2. bernardino5

bernardino5 New Member

Got assurion through Verizon didn't know there was a different kind out there.

"ThuNd3rB0lT"
  3. Kittysback

Kittysback New Member

I thought about it, but they told me that the phone has a 1 year warranty on it. I'm due for an upgrade in about 1 1/2 years... so I figure if worse comes to worse, I would only have a few months to deal with it before i could be eligible for an upgrade to a new phone.
  4. FrellingFrakker

FrellingFrakker New Member

I just went with the basic extended warranty since I plan on keeping mine the full 2 years of my contract. This basically means that if it malfunctions during the 2nd year I'm covered. They have more expensive plans that cover accidents, theft, etc. but the cost adds up quickly. I figure if something like that happened I would just buy a used Incredible to use until I was eligible for another upgrade.
  5. DroidStang

DroidStang New Member

Yeah there is a Curtell , (Check Spelling) but I pay 6.99 a month, with Verizon youhave to wait til send you one, with my insurnace if I drop or gets stolen, $129, walk in store, if in stock I get that right then, or if say they are out and have the Bionic, i would get the next best one in line up from the TB, so I don;t mind that I have to pay $129 for a $700 phone.
  6. Z06_Mir

Z06_Mir New Member

I did the Ausurion or w/e through Verizon. It's 100% worth it to me because I don't notice $6 a month, but I'd definitely notice $600+ to replace my TB if something happened. I'm a junior in college, you never know what can happen.
  7. Natey2

Natey2 Active Member

Search tags for this page

how to get my paid up front phone insurance back from verizo

insurance

verizon insurance paid upfront

what kind of razr phone will i get from an insurance claim i