Insurance question-- Asurion

RjNomar27

Reaction score
I just sent my broken droid back in the shipping envelope they supplied. I went online and filed my claim. Got my phone the next day! You can see they are referbished phones, but its bette tuan payong the 600 bucks for the phone i REALLY want... actually, it was a really easy experience from beggining to end. Good luck...

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
I agree, if you are nice on the phone you will get much further. You can also ask to talk to advanced customer care and explain your situation further and you may get better options.

Does anyone know if Asurion checks the ESN of the phone you send back to them? I would like to use the claimed phone for parts...and it is dead anyway...
They legally own the phone, so send them whichever one they're supposed to get.

gavinsnana

Reaction score
Just opened up the box that contained my replacement phone. It is a brand new Droid 2. I am very happy!

GuiltyBreak

Reaction score
I'm still under factory warranty with my D1, and so i had a issue with mine and Verizon worked with me to get a replacement D1 sent out to me. Vzn will give me a 3 month extension on my replacement. Its no D2 but at least its something and i will treat it as a new phone again.

gclint4

Reaction score
Its my experience that you will receive the same phone that you had before.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

sacnotsack

Reaction score
A friend of mine just called VZW about this a couple of days ago and (as stated earlier in this post) he was offered a D2, D2 Star Wars edition, or the Eris. The only way you will get the phone you previously had is if they still have them in stock when you file your claim, other wise they give you a device that is "similar" in quality. But in my opinion nothing come close to "similar" to my D1