Insurance Policy for VZW & Asurion

OP
nerdbox08

nerdbox08

Reaction score
I believe this is a very good investment for your Droid. I carry it on 2 devices

I do not believe this is a good investment at all. for $8 a month because maybe your phone will break, I dont think so. If your phone doesn't break or whatever you will lose $194. My sister had a manufacturer defect on one of her phones and she was out of the warranty date but they replaced it. All you need is a good argument. Unless you have no clue how to hold a phone tightly in your hand you dont need insurance. Unless you got money to waste.

I will always carry insurance for one fact and one fact alone: People are greedy.

My concern isn't breaking it or even losing it, but I've had phones stolen before and warranties aren't going cover my phone if some dillhole takes it.

drmcstford

Reaction score
I got the Verizon $1.99 a month insurance, its cheap and I know I can take care of my phone but if it fails me I can fix it :)

TekHawk

Reaction score
I have had insurance on my line since 2005. When I went to upgrade my Droid, the Verizon rep said that I was grandfathered in to the cheaper insurance, even though I now have an advanced device. So I get replacements for $50.00 and only pay $4.99 a month!

Okay, I think we have a lynching on our hands....

>.< where do i sign up to help.... Ive had the insurance on my phones since i got my for vzw phone in like 03 or 04 and they made me get the new more expensive s***

OP
nerdbox08

nerdbox08

Reaction score
I have had insurance on my line since 2005. When I went to upgrade my Droid, the Verizon rep said that I was grandfathered in to the cheaper insurance, even though I now have an advanced device. So I get replacements for $50.00 and only pay $4.99 a month!

Okay, I think we have a lynching on our hands....

>.< where do i sign up to help.... Ive had the insurance on my phones since i got my for vzw phone in like 03 or 04 and they made me get the new more expensive s***

In light of the information I've learned about State Farm(main page updated with the info I got), I'm going to be dropping my insurance, keeping the warranty and going with State Farm for insurance coverage.

Insurance is important to me, but I don't want to be bent over in the process of keeping it.

mach330

Reaction score
with regards to state farm. do we have to have homeowners/renters insurance to add this? i just have car insurance with them and no homeowners.

OP
nerdbox08

nerdbox08

Reaction score
with regards to state farm. do we have to have homeowners/renters insurance to add this? i just have car insurance with them and no homeowners.

I asked that while on the phone and I was told I do not need to carry any other insurance.

OP
nerdbox08

nerdbox08

Reaction score
Did you by chance ask what they covered as opposed to the VZW insurance package (specifically water damage ect.). Just wanted to double check. I'll probably take the drive tomorrow, this looks like a better deal (ESPECIALLY the 'new phone' part).

ProtectCell and Asurion pretty much had the same info in regards to coverage and limitations.

OP
nerdbox08

nerdbox08

Reaction score
I got the Verizon $1.99 a month insurance, its cheap and I know I can take care of my phone but if it fails me I can fix it :)
That's the extended warranty. Warranty != insurance.
haha yea extended warranty, that all my needs require I'll protect this phone like a baby.

I considered just extending my warranty but I often go into places that aren't .... the safest and if my phone gets stolen I would probably cry without actual insurance.

That's my biggest concern. I know accidents occur sometimes, but I'm most worried about forces outside of my control: theft.