Insurance on Phone?

Fault

Reaction score
What do you guys think about getting insurance on your phone? I got it on my dare, never used it though. What do you think?

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
I've had it on every cell phone I had, even the simple cheap ones. Never needed it.

That being said; this is my first smartphone. If I hadn't gotten insurance before, this would've been the one to start with.

OP
Fault

Fault

Reaction score
Yea, i think I will. Because I get a discount on the internet (GM employee), ill offset it with insurance

kcZ

Reaction score
I opted for no insurance on both the Droid and the Droid Incredible on my account. The $80 replacement cost along with the monthly charge just seemed like too much. I figure if something happens to either phone it will be close to a year after purchase so you are talking nearly $200 into getting a replacement phone. Ebay replacement is right near that, so it is break even costwise. Therefore I opted for no insurance.

OP
Fault

Fault

Reaction score
What do u do if you brick your phone? I mean like if u brick your phone, does insurance even help?

sst45jeff

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
extended warranty

I have the extended warranty. It is cheaper & they replace the phone if something goes wrong with it.
With a new phone or an equivalent new phone if it is not available anymore.
I don't think it will do anything if you lose it or damage it like breaking the screen.
But if you drop it and it quits working it should be covered.

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score

rob22202

Reaction score
I opted for no insurance on both the Droid and the Droid Incredible on my account. The $80 replacement cost along with the monthly charge just seemed like too much. I figure if something happens to either phone it will be close to a year after purchase so you are talking nearly $200 into getting a replacement phone. Ebay replacement is right near that, so it is break even costwise. Therefore I opted for no insurance.

This is my reasoning, as well. I see Droids on Craigslist often for $250. It's a gamble, but not much of one.

warrior21

Reaction score
I always get insurance on my cell phones and have used it quite a bit over the years. You never know when something is going to happen

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Last night standing over a cement floor I watched my Droid fall out of my front pocket and land in a pile of cat litter I was sweeping up in the dust pan face first.

Nothing happened but had it missed the dustpan and landed on the concrete I'd be using that insurance right now.

tgs3838

Reaction score
What do you guys think about getting insurance on your phone? I got it on my dare, never used it though. What do you think?
It's a personal judgment call that you need to make.

But if you drop it and it quits working it should be covered.
The warranty (same for extended warranty) doesn't cover dropping the device.

Calling Features: Total Equipment Coverage
Hmm weird. Iv dropped phones and had them break and iv used the insurance. But I have it and i wouldnt go without it because im pretty hard on my phone. But my droid has been dropped many times on pavement and even got wet once. And nothing ever happened to it. But whenever i make a claim i never really tell them the whole truth. But i havent had any problems so far doing that. Dont really like to tell white lies or whatever. But if i pay each month. And i gotta pay like 80 deductible then i dont mind doing it. Its insurance. Shouldn't it cover everything?

eliassami5

Reaction score
Asurion will cover pretty much anything..even accidental drops. Ive never had insurance with my dumb phones..but with a smart phone it pretty much goes without saying. And for those saying that it costs the same to get a replacement off ebay are just plain stupid. If it costs the same then why not just get the insurance? You are guaranteed a working phone with no BS and with a 90 day warranty from Asurion, unlike an ebay phone where you never know what you are gonna get, and if it turns out that it doesn't work..then what are you gonna do?

KungFuGeek

Reaction score
i still have to go with my state farm personal articles policy. $30 / year, with no deductable. (and it covers other expensive electronics i wanted to insure). Sure I have to wait forever with a check, but I know the check is coming, so I can just go out and buy a brand new droid at full price with no problems. (or buy whatever phone is latest and greatest.