Insurance on Droid X

R

RETG

Too early to tell on the X; but on my old personal BB Tour (which was just a surface case) held up great. Replaced two of the cases, and the front top of the BBs did get scratched, but the BB continued to work. (The last one replaced really took a beating, including the receiver of a handgun completely scrapped of the finish, and a broken arm...so I can't complain.)

My Fed issued BB is also in a surface case and it has held up similar to the personal one I had; one case has been replaced.

The X is in the Active case which has the rubber over the phone, plus a plastic skeleton. So far, it protected the X from a nasty drop at the store. The battery cover inside the case I found out came loose (took the case off to check the phone, but the cover snapped back into place...guess the jarring of the phone hitting the floor caused it to come loose), but absolutely no damage to the phone. (Also use boxwave screen protectors.)

I guess the question for me is in a few months, when I retire, will I continue with the insurance? Especially since I could always get one of the certified ones from Verizon for half the price of a new one. In which case, I might have to agree with you.dancedroid

PorterFNU

Reaction score
Droid insurance.

I am new to the world of Droids. Just recieved my Droid X in the mail 2 days ago. So far I loveit, although it's confusing as hell for a smartphone newbie. I've had Verizon's service for about 8 yrs and never purchased insurance on any phone. I didn't get the insurance plan on this phone yet. I purchased my Droid through amazonwireless.com for $120. I was eligible for a phone upgrade but my plan hadn't expired yet so I kept my old rate plan and added the data package. I'm still on the fence as to whether or not I should get the insurance because I know, if I break/lose this phone I would switch back to a regular phone before I drop $550 for a new Droid.

MrKleen

Reaction score
I am new to the world of Droids. Just recieved my Droid X in the mail 2 days ago. So far I loveit, although it's confusing as hell for a smartphone newbie. I've had Verizon's service for about 8 yrs and never purchased insurance on any phone. I didn't get the insurance plan on this phone yet. I purchased my Droid through amazonwireless.com for $120. I was eligible for a phone upgrade but my plan hadn't expired yet so I kept my old rate plan and added the data package. I'm still on the fence as to whether or not I should get the insurance because I know, if I break/lose this phone I would switch back to a regular phone before I drop $550 for a new Droid.

It almost doesn't make sense to pay $90 a year for insurance for a phone you paid $120 for. Sheesh, what is a guy to do? :)

Big_Ron

Reaction score
But to replace a 600.00 phone is worth it. I have the ins with tracking you have 30 days from actavtion to get the ins through vzn
Not sure about other ins places. The ins has saved me a few times on other phones. Drop you X in the water. With ins 50.00 with out 600.00. I'm in the Navy so ia around water a lot. I. Think its a good idea ima

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

Rocko

Reaction score

It almost doesn't make sense to pay $90 a year for insurance for a phone you paid $120 for. Sheesh, what is a guy to do? :)
But the replacement cost is not $190, it's $500 or $400 used.

Rocko

Reaction score
Note: your replacement phone through Asurion will be a REFURBISHED phone.

Not bloody likely. I will demand a new Droid X if I need to replace it at my local VZW or I will end my contract with them. Period.

Yeah, good luck with that. Read the fine print. If your phone breaks not due to your doing within 30 days you get new. If you file a claim it will be refurbed unless they run out and then it will be new.