Insurance Changes [RUMOR]

Malvado

DF News Team/Mod
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
verizon-warranty-550x363.jpg

Verizon looks to be cracking down on subscribers who expect to exchange cosmetically-damaged phones for replacements that are in better shape. Long story short: if your device breaks – even due to a manufacturer defect within the hardware or software – you’ll have to pay a premium if the device has blatant cosmetic flaws. All of this is set to go down April 1st. (And yes, we too are hoping it’s nothing but an April Fool’s joke.)
Blemish on the back cover? You’ve gotta pay. Scratch on the display or dust beneath the camera lens? Yup, that’ll be cause for money out of your pockets too. Sit down while you read this next bit: those damages may cost you $300 per incident. Other notable changes have been made, as well. For one, you can no longer take your device into a Verizon store for an on-the-spot exchange – all of that will be taken care of via today’s standard premium shipping methods.
And overnight service is no longer free as you’ll soon have to pay $13 to get your device to Verizon in a jiffy. Optionally, you can pay $7 for 2-day service. That sucks because they’re reportedly reducing the return window from 10 days to 5 – economy shipping is free but takes 5 days to make it to Verizon. Choosing the standard service instead of overnight might be trouble for you in that regard. (You can still get free overnight service if you pay monthly for Verizon’s total equipment coverage program.

SOURCE: http://www.androidpolice.com/2011/0...t-to-get-a-lot-more-strict-starting-tomorrow/

Last edited:

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Links?.......................

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
That's why I take care of my stuff...

dafischman

Reaction score
This has got to be an April Fools. Come on, some of this is over the top even for Verizon.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Jeyman

Reaction score
So get a rubber case at least and throw on a screen protector. Should not really screw with to many people.

Sucks that they seem to think this needs to be done, but 90% of the people I no have a case(less have screen protectors)

If true, im more mad that they want to charge for more crap... When your paying already lol.

Big Ry

Reaction score
A. They never did accept damaged phones...ever. They always make that point clear every time you call. What constitutes damage? Well, I suppose that may have changed.
B. Next day was always $13 or so...just if you complain about it, theyd typically waive the fee.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
A. They never did accept damaged phones...ever. They always make that point clear every time you call. What constitutes damage? Well, I suppose that may have changed.
B. Next day was always $13 or so...just if you complain about it, theyd typically waive the fee.

As a care rep, before I could send a FRU/CLNR, I had several questions I had to ask. After that, it was up to the customer to return the phone within 10 days. I truly never heard of an instance where the warehouse received a return and then charged the customer because of water/physical damage. It sounds like they're going to finally enforce what was basically already on the books.

Big Ry

Reaction score

As a care rep, before I could send a FRU/CLNR, I had several questions I had to ask. After that, it was up to the customer to return the phone within 10 days. I truly never heard of an instance where the warehouse received a return and then charged the customer because of water/physical damage. It sounds like they're going to finally enforce what was basically already on the books.
^^THIS

I dont know if they ever enforced it, because I'm not dumb enough to return a damaged phone. But I know for a fact that those rules have always been in place. The return period was 10 days though...5 days is rough. Theres just too much to transfer on phones these days for 5 days to be feasible for someone who actually does other things in life, such as work full-time.