insufficient storage rooms to install app?

Discussion in 'Android General Discussions' started by Joshmichael91, Jul 7, 2010.

1. Joshmichael91

Joshmichael91 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I noticed the app "twonky sever" isn't in my app menu anymore and I dont recall uninstalling it. I tried to re install the app and it says I have insufficient storage space? I have android version "2.1-update1" I brought myself back to 2.1 from froyo and gave myself root access. I DO have root access, thats a definite. But I always thought if you root your phone this kind of problem wouldn't happen? Do I need to take another step to allow more space to be used for apps? Somebody please help!

2. SGTiger

SGTiger Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Go to Settings>SD card and phone storage settings

How much available space is showing for both the SD card and Internal Phone Storage?

3. Joshmichael91

Joshmichael91 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    well i uninstalled a few soundboards and now have 130 or so MB of internal storage after i reinstalled twonky server.

i know on froyo you have the option to move apps to SD card. but i dont think theres any way to do such a thing on 2.1?? hopefully an OTA update for 2.2 comes soon

4. takeshi

takeshi Silver Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Root doesn't mean that you suddenly have infinite space... Space is still a very real limitation, root or not.

*For apps that support it.

5. Joshmichael91

Joshmichael91 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    ooh. and I understand you dont suddenly get infinite space. I just thought i saw somewhere that a certain % of space on your phone could be used for apps and once you root all of the space on the phone. idk what i was seeing.

Search tags for this page

what does insufficient storage mean

what does it mean when my my phone says insufficient storage
what.does insufficient storage avaliable mean
why does my android phone say insuficient storage available