insufficient space

jcwilliams

Reaction score
There's got to be a reason why link2sd won't work for some ppl. I have no issues with it running any rom.

metalspring

Silver Member
Reaction score
There's got to be a reason why link2sd won't work for some ppl. I have no issues with it running any rom.

Idk, you running the stock kernel? That's the only thing I didn't try, but I even used another Chevy kernel and it wouldn't work...

the ORIGINAL Droid
supercharged modified liquid 3.1w/turbocharged 3g
Pete's 5 slot lv 1.25GHz w/ kickasskernel tweaks
19.9 linpack score
1850 quadrant score

jcwilliams

Reaction score
Idk, you running the stock kernel? That's the only thing I didn't try, but I even used another Chevy kernel and it wouldn't work...

the ORIGINAL Droid
19.9 linpack score
1850 quadrant score

No it works no matter what kernal I run. What's link2sd say? What's it do?

metalspring

Silver Member
Reaction score
No it works no matter what kernal I run. What's link2sd say? What's it do?

AHA, I got it...apparently 2 modules actually need loaded for it to work
First the jbd2.ko needs loaded in order to load any ext module...
I'll post this finding in the rom thread so people will see it :)

the ORIGINAL Droid
19.9 linpack score
1850 quadrant score

packfan678

Reaction score
At the time I had used only 80 of the 256 MB of storage. Wiping the cache fixed the problem.

Thanks for the help everyone.

metalspring

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yeah I've heard the cache being too full can cause lots of errors like that...if you download a lot of market apps clear the cache afterwards

the ORIGINAL Droid
19.9 linpack score
1850 quadrant score

-iD

Reaction score
for whatever reason, sometimes the /cache/download folder fills up with all the apk's you download through the market and they never get deleted (i've still never read what mechanism is SUPPOSED to clear this out; what do non-rooted users do?) but if you empty that folder yourself you can clear up the problem w/o having to delete the whole /cache folder and endure the long reboot next time when all the app's .dex files are recreated.

russ0627

Reaction score
AHA, I got it...apparently 2 modules actually need loaded for it to work
First the jbd2.ko needs loaded in order to load any ext module...
I'll post this finding in the rom thread so people will see it :)

the ORIGINAL Droid
19.9 linpack score
1850 quadrant score

Can you elaborate on how to do this? I can't get it to work no matter what I do.
Thanks

kalypso

Reaction score
still having this issue

just backed up my SD card, and then a complete reformat in windows using the 32kb allocation size. ( which I read has the best benchmarks ) clean wipe and then put my files back but I still get the same error. insufficient space in the market app. cant download even the tiniest files; but 4shared and media fire downloads work fine in my browser.I've also re-flashed liberty and got the same error. i'm not sure what will fix this...

QUAGMIRE

Reaction score
Ah you again gle uhremp lmao really lets see here why is it all rom devs have to remove about 35% of product just to fit it on the device? its cool to defend the device hell i still have my "ipod" aka droid 1 but dont use it for phone. Why is it that not many if any is gonna try and get ics on droid 1? your only hope is a good theme. why is that 90% of devs quit supporting the droid 1 post gingerbread? but i guess tis true people only know what they experience and lack of experience makes for shallow understanding. Its not our fault that technology moves forward and things like droid 1 are obsolete 3to4 years later. but FACT is droid 1 is DOA nowadays. take any FROYO rom and it will run 5 times faster and smoother on droid 1 then any gingerbread rom could even dream of running Research is you're friend

haha even my hacked ipod touch 2nd gen works better/faster then droid 1

kalypso

Reaction score
some progress

I've read that there are dependent files that are part of*cityID and *GoogleTalk that the android market needs. Oddly enough reinstalling these is not possible. on liverty 3.0, even when i try to fix permissions. This might be able to help some of you Droid X users out there that haven't had any luck with Market Fix.there has to be a solution for this. Good Luck!

Last edited: