insufficient space

TREYDEE007

Reaction score
I was downloading a live wall paper when my phone tells me I have insufficient space WTF!!!!! My phone is set to use my internal storage so whats the freakin problem????

lgalcarte

Reaction score
I've had the same problem. I moved as many Apps as I could to my SD card and I also use LinktoSD application for Apps that can't be moved. Apps that you use widgets for can't be moved to the SD card or the widgets won't work properly. Now, I'm good to go!

Sent from my rooted OGDroid using DroidForums
-SimplyStunning 5.4
-GoLauncher EX
-Miren Browser

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
I was downloading a live wall paper when my phone tells me I have insufficient space WTF!!!!! My phone is set to use my internal storage so whats the freakin problem????

I think this is a bug. I got this once downloading an app, but i've got 1.7gb of app storage free. Its either a market bug or an OS bug, not sure. Try backing out of the market and try again. If that doesn't work try clearing cache in the market.

end of line...

solar

Reaction score
I've gotten this error numerous times. generally retying the download will be successful. Its definitely a bug.

militant

Reaction score
How do you save you apps to your sd card

go to homescreen, hit menu, applications, then pick a specific application, click on it. if it can be moved there will be a "move to media" (on droid 3) or "move to sd" (on most froyo phones). Click it, and it moves a good portion of the app to SD card, and leaves the bare minimum on the internal storage. I have a TON of games and over 140 apps and I still have like 1.3-1.4 gb left.

JohnnyS101

Reaction score
Its not a big problem, out of the 60 something apps and wallpapers I downloaded this happened a few times. Just download it or install it again and it should work.

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

Bdog

Reaction score
That happened to me the very first time I connected it to my PC to transfer everything over. I disconnected the USB and reconnected it, and everything has been fine since.

I can see it being a bug if it's happened on other instances. Seems retrying or rebooting solves everyone's problems.

packfan678

Reaction score
insufficient space [SOLVED]

I just updated to 3.1 and my phone isn't letting me download apps. Despite having used only 82 MB it is telling me I have insufficient space. Any suggestions?

Last edited:

jcwilliams

Reaction score
I just updated to 3.1 and my phone isn't letting me download apps. Despite having used only 82 MB it is telling me I have insufficient space. Any suggestions?

Make more space use link2sd or put some on sdcard if you have more space and it still tells you that then you have a issue. But 80mb is plenty to install some apps I use to install apps with only having like 50mb of free internal space.

metalspring

Silver Member
Reaction score
Make more space use link2sd or put some on sdcard if you have more space and it still tells you that then you have a issue. But 80mb is plenty to install some apps I use to install apps with only having like 50mb of free internal space.

Unfortunately link2sd doesn't seem to work for quite a few people on liquid on the Droid 1 so you'd be stuck moving them to the sdcard the old way...and its odd it says low space with 80 MB left, usually it doesn't say that until its under 50 MB

the ORIGINAL Droid
supercharged modified liquid 3.1w/turbocharged 3g
Pete's 5 slot lv 1.25GHz w/ kickasskernel tweaks
19.9 linpack score
1850 quadrant score

blazednova

Reaction score
although im a bit rusty with my OG droid, i would assume your issue is just an error somewhere. first try a reboot, and if it's to no avail, wipe all the cache partitions in recovery.