Instructions on going back to BB 1.1 from 0.2.1?

Discussion in 'Bugless' started by pauliworks, Jun 21, 2010.

1. pauliworks

pauliworks New Member

First of all I want to say BB rocks! I've spent the week trying out v0.2+ and I've decided I'm just not ready for the experimental rom. I was wondering what the correct steps to move back to BB v1.1 are? Do I have to move all my SD apps back to phone? I'm afraid if I don't there will be stranded files on the SD card that will just take up space. I've used Titanium backup to backup everything from v0.2.1, will I be able to do a full restore when i get back to BB v1.1 or are the froyo system files not be compatible? :icon_eek:
  2. droidand1

droidand1 New Member

Great question ...answers anyone?
  3. roberj13

roberj13 New Member

Since 1.1 doesn't have apps2sd I would move everything to the phone, backup, wipe, install, enjoy.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
  4. jlaidlaw

jlaidlaw New Member

This would probably be your safest way to go

Sent from my Droid
  5. ethanhunt123

ethanhunt123 New Member

yes you can, but I've had market problems in the past. youll have you 1.1 backed up. wipe, Restore stock 2.1, then restore your backup.
  6. lacrosse089

lacrosse089 New Member

yes I was reading in some other post that you have to flash to stock 2.1, then download anything from the market, and then restore your own 2.1 (BB 1.1) backup. This will prevent any market problems. Since the market records which firmware you use, if you simply go back to BB 1.1, it will think you are still running a 2.2 ROM. And that's where your problem comes from.

Also, since all your apps in a BB 1.1 backup are on your phone since BB 1.1 didn't have apps 2 sd, I think you will have no problems as long as you go back to stock 2.1 and do a wipe before installing your BB 1.1 backup. Hope this helps.
  7. kylo77

kylo77 New Member

I went from BB 1.1 to v0.2 and was not crazy about it either. To go back to 1.1 I did a wipe/erase and restored my previous backup of BB 1.1...have not had any issues.

good luck