Instructions: Fully functional Google Now. Works on the Bionic ICS leak

stafinois

Reaction score
Stupid question, now that I've renamed a bunch of files and installed this, am I going to have problems with OTA when/if the JB update happens? I'm on HoB .246 rooted.

Sent from my .247 ICS DROID BIONIC

unbesorgt

Reaction score
Stupid question, now that I've renamed a bunch of files and installed this, am I going to have problems with OTA when/if the JB update happens? I'm on HoB .246 rooted.

Sent from my .247 ICS DROID BIONIC

If you backed up the original files, you can just restore them first. Or use the HoB to install JB, which overwrites the system partition with a clean copy. Or worst case scenario, we have a 246 FXZ now, so you can always flash that and then take the OTA. (Might want to get a copy for safekeeping.)

<edit> Just noticed there's also a Google Now Remover file you can download from the OP at XDA and flash to return to stock. So you're covered in multiple ways.

unbesorgt

Reaction score
The OP in that thread shows instructions for a Google Now that is not fully functional so ignore that page.
01.jpg
02.jpg
8.jpg
04.jpg

It worked fine for me. At one point the OP was out of date, but it was last updated October 19, 2012 so it's being maintained currently.

stafinois

Reaction score
unbesorgt said:
If you backed up the original files, you can just restore them first. Or use the HoB to install JB, which overwrites the system partition with a clean copy. Or worst case scenario, we have a 246 FXZ now, so you can always flash that and then take the OTA. (Might want to get a copy for safekeeping.)

<edit> Just noticed there's also a Google Now Remover file you can download from the OP at XDA and flash to return to stock. So you're covered in multiple ways.

That works. Chances are if/when a JB build appears, I will be using the HoB anyway. Thanks for your help!

Sent from my .246 ICS DROID BIONIC

OP
wseyller

wseyller

Reaction score
Since 246 update I haven't had Google now install. I was about to install it again but I started thinking about trying a JB ROM. I got the newest safe strap which is great and makes it quick to switch between ROMs. I have been on CM10 jb ROM for about a day now. It is amazing. Great 3g/4g data. Camera doesn't seem to work yet but I got the camera 360 app to replace it. Everything seems much faster than ics and Google now is flawless and has many more features. For those that have experience installing ROMs I would suggest to give it a try. It is good enough so far to use daily. It anything else is broken then I don't use that feature. GPS is good as I use it throughout every day. Email client is different and I couldn't get my exchange account setup but I downloaded an alternative. If you want Google now badly enough this is the way to go.

Sent from my XT875 using Tapatalk 2