Instructions: Fully functional Google Now. Works on the Bionic ICS leak

OP
wseyller

wseyller

Reaction score
any new wseyller for google now?

Honestly I don't know. I just looked and I don't see any updates to the OP from the XDA thread since over a week ago. Looks like things have peaked out a bit. My life has kinda turned upside down for the better since I got a new job. Only downside is I don't really have any time to look through forums anymore. There are definitely other velvet apks that you can switch back and forth from all you want that I have not listed. The velvet apk is really the only things so far that gets multiple versions. These are versions from multiple developers and there are advantages/disadvantages of each one. Basically comes down to preference. All the other files have stayed the same. All you have to do is replace the velvet apk file. The filename makes no difference because the system sees it as an app and doesn't care about the filename. Set the correct permissions of the velvet apk you changed to and then reboot your device. The link to the XDA thread is in my first post of this thread.

bbucks36

Reaction score
i tried to follow it but theres like over a thousand posts on that thread.. guess ill just stick with the one u posted runs smooth with one or 2 hang ups that are not to demising of the good work the devs did

OP
wseyller

wseyller

Reaction score
i tried to follow it but theres like over a thousand posts on that thread.. guess ill just stick with the one u posted runs smooth with one or 2 hang ups that are not to demising of the good work the devs did

And the one i posted is one of the more solid versions. There is not one so far it seems that works identical to every extent of the real thing. The title of this thread may suggest it was perfect but it really is not quite 100%. That was really because it seemed perfect to me at first without any experience of a Google Now on a real Jelly Bean device.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

puckalicious

Reaction score
Sorry for reviving old post, but I am confused that the XDA thread says you need to be on a deodexed ROM, but no mention of it here. Do I need to deodex the ICS leak before installing Google Now?

Bigv5150

Reaction score
im not deodexed and it works fine on mine not as smooth as my xoom but what do you expect the xoom has JB.

segordon

Reaction score
Is this update the same update that the play store has or is it another one? I think the newest version in play has the cards working for sports teams. Do they work with this version?

BKiv

Reaction score
Yea i was trying to find if there was an updated version but it was too hard to follow on xda. If anyone finds out please post it here. Also does anyone know what inverted google now is? Is it just the color difference?

BKiv

Reaction score
Do I need to redo all of this after an update in leak through HoB?

nkostman

Reaction score
I tried to revert to stock by using the file in the XDA thread in troubleshooting. Everything went back to normal except for now my search button does not activate "global" search. Anyone know how to fix this? Can I do the "reset permissions" option in CWM?

1800collect

Reaction score
Now that .246 is the final release for ICS. What is the best way to get Google Now? What is the easiest way to root?

stafinois

Reaction score
So far everything seems to be working. Thanks! At least, I think so. I've not figured out what all I should be doing with it yet.

unbesorgt

Reaction score
This thread at XDA has the flashable Google Now for ICS files ... I used the M7, online only version and it works great. M7 with offline support should also work, but it requires twice as much space on your System partition (60Mb vs. 30Mb).