Instructions: Fully functional Google Now. Works on the Bionic ICS leak

krazyace38

Reaction score
In this update I lost ability to long press on search key to get a box with certain apps I can choose to work with long press on search I get a message "unfortunately voice search has stopped working". How can i fix that? Everything else works as described; good job on this.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC ( ICS 232) using Droid Forums

bbucks36

Reaction score
i would recheck all the permissions....make sure everything in the subfolders have been changed too..

bamafan39

Reaction score
In this update I lost ability to long press on search key to get a box with certain apps I can choose to work with long press on search I get a message "unfortunately voice search has stopped working". How can i fix that? Everything else works as described; good job on this.

wipe cach and dalvik in recovery

krazyace38

Reaction score
Permissions are correct and did the wipe and still doesn't work

BKiv

Reaction score
Mine wouldn't work either so i took the .bak off of the libvoicesearch.so and rebooted. Works fine now

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

OP
wseyller

wseyller

Reaction score
Permissions are correct and did the wipe and still doesn't work

I would have said check permissions as well. The xda thread linked in the OP would give you a great chance to fix your issue. There is an insane amount of people to help there.

I am assuming you are using the latest apk, Velvet-ReekoTubbs-3.apk

Just reference that and they will know what your taking about.

krazyace38

Reaction score
BKiv said:
Mine wouldn't work either so i took the .bak off of the libvoicesearch.so and rebooted. Works fine now

Worked perfect thanks man :)

jimbarr

Reaction score
I installed the version found on another site (Sorry I didn't install yours. Maybe I should.:biggrin:)

It works like a charm on .232 ICS leak with one exception: Whenever I issue an email-related command such as "Email <contact name> <message> " or "Note to self <a note>", it captures everything properly but when it actually goes to send the email, it FCs.

Suggestions?

Otherwise, this is a fun app. It's recognition is excellent, and I just love the cards that it returns.

Thanks!

jimbarr

Reaction score
I installed your latest .apk, in the OP, and I still get the same results.
  • Say "Email Jim Barr This is a test"
  • A card comes up with several contacts (I have several email addresses) and I select one
  • A contact card comes up with the text "this is a test" and a "Send email" button.
  • I tap the button, and I get an "Unfortunately, Google Search has stopped" dialog.

BKiv

Reaction score
Yeah I get the same thing

OP
wseyller

wseyller

Reaction score
I installed the version found on another site (Sorry I didn't install yours. Maybe I should.:biggrin:)

It works like a charm on .232 ICS leak with one exception: Whenever I issue an email-related command such as "Email <contact name> <message> " or "Note to self <a note>", it captures everything properly but when it actually goes to send the email, it FCs.

Suggestions?

Otherwise, this is a fun app. It's recognition is excellent, and I just love the cards that it returns.

Thanks!

There are a few apks on the main development thread. You can try any of them. I just list it once an apk comes out with huge improvements. Each one has has different advantages/disadvantages. Just depends what suits the persons needs. I remember the issue with the email but i don't know if a solution was ever found. That thread grows by 50 pages everyday. I just got a new job this week and i barely have time to read any forums.

Jumpie

Reaction score
May be a dumb question but...

Steps 3 and 4 are different on my ICS Bionic

3. Use Root Explorer and rename the" GoogleQuickSearch.apk" to "GoogleQuickSearch.apk.bak". This file is located in system/app directory mine is GoogleQuickSearchBox

4. In the system/lib folder rename the two files "libspeewrapper.so" to "libspeewrapper.so.bak" & "libvoicesearch.so" to libvoicesearch.so.bak" mine is libspeexwrapper.so

Are those the same?

OP
wseyller

wseyller

Reaction score
Steps 3 and 4 are different on my ICS Bionic

3. Use Root Explorer and rename the" GoogleQuickSearch.apk" to "GoogleQuickSearch.apk.bak". This file is located in system/app directory mine is GoogleQuickSearchBox

4. In the system/lib folder rename the two files "libspeewrapper.so" to "libspeewrapper.so.bak" & "libvoicesearch.so" to libvoicesearch.so.bak" mine is libspeexwrapper.so

Are those the same?

My instructions are based on doing this on a Bionic using ICS. Most of this would also be 100% useful for other devices as well, but this is what I used on a Bionic with the 232 ICS leak so I assume if the steps are followed exactly with the same device with the same specifications then everything should work as it did for me. With that said...

How is this different from your bionic? Are you using a different file explorer? If so, I only gave instructions while using root explorer as I cannot help with other file explorer. If anything pertaining to the files in the instructions has been modified/copied/delete previously then obviously you may not see things laid out the same way.

GoogleQuickSearch.apk that comes with ICS is the normal google search app. It must be renamed or deleted or it will conflict with Google Now. It is suggested rename it or add .bak to then end of the file name so that the system does not recognize it as an app, but also makes you a backup.

The three original lib files will be replaced by the new lib files needed for Google Now. You don't have to rename them but if you don't then they will be overwritten and you will have no backup of them.