Instant upload folder

ntrddragn

Reaction score
how do i delete the images from there and prevent images to go there in the future. every time i attached a pic to email it goes there and i cant seem to delete it. yes i search but "instant upload' seems to vague. thanks in advance

bamorris2

Reaction score
How funny that I was just going to post the same question earlier today. Last night I decided to give Google+ a try. I set it to automatically upload my pictures to G+/Picasa. Once I did that, I noticed a new gallery on my phone called INSTANT UPLOAD. I don't like G+ so I deleted my account and photos online. But the gallery folder still shows on my phone even though I deleted all pics in the folder. There's no option to delete the folder. Its bugging me now.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

OP
N

ntrddragn

Reaction score
How funny that I was just going to post the same question earlier today. Last night I decided to give Google+ a try. I set it to automatically upload my pictures to G+/Picasa. Once I did that, I noticed a new gallery on my phone called INSTANT UPLOAD. I don't like G+ so I deleted my account and photos online. But the gallery folder still shows on my phone even though I deleted all pics in the folder. There's no option to delete the folder. Its bugging me now.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Lol..lets see if anyone else knows. Its bugs me to no ends every time I go into the gallery and I see duplicates pictures of things I attached and upload.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

bamorris2

Reaction score
I actually figured it out about 30 minutes ago by reading on other forums. This folder does in-fact have to do with Google+. Here's what was suggested and what I did to get it removed.
  • Go into G+ and disable automatic photo upload.
  • Go into Settings>Accounts, and in your Gmail settings, disable photo sync.
  • Go into Settings>Apps. From here go to Gallery and clear the data, and then do the same for Google+ app.
Once you do that, the folder should be gone from your gallery. It worked for me. But if you hit "refresh" in the gallery, then it comes back. I wasn't able to find anyone who had a solution otherwise.