Instant Reboot, on preparing SDcard?

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by mrdorunjr, Feb 17, 2010.

1. mrdorunjr

mrdorunjr Member

Ratings:
    +1
    sorry for all of these new threads...

but as the title says, i rooted my phone etc, then used the update.zip to put bugless beats 0.7.5 on to my droid, since the nandroid way kep making my gps not function, was wondering if anyone had this issue of instant restart, and if they did how was it fixed, also i DID change my bootanimation if that could have anything to do with it...

2. jdriver

jdriver New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    My phone does the same thing. I rooted and installed BB 7.5 and when it gets done starting up it will say preparing sd card at the top and then reboot to the droid screen and then it will start up fine. I haven't changed my boot animation so you might be able to rule that out.

3. daevans315

daevans315 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Mine has done this for several versions of BB. I've ignored it and figgured it would go away when I did a full wipe to got to a 2.1 rom. I've been just using update.zip to change roms.

4. thatguychuck

thatguychuck Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I'm not sure we had the same issue, but it may be worth a shot. Try going to Menu-Setting-Sound and Display-SD card notifications. If you have it set to play a sound, turn it off.

I went from Bugless to Smoked Glass, and had forgotten I had set my notification sound to a custom one. Well, with the new ROM, my custom sound was gone, but I think the settings went looking for it. Anytime I tried to enable USB debugging (when it would normally play the sound,) it went for a reboot. I reset all my notifications and it has worked fine since.

5. djembeman

djembeman Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hope it's not to late to get some new help/insight into this problem. With the newest Bugless Beast v0.5, I was a bit bummed that I couldn't install very many apps to the SD card (I have less room on phone memory than stock FRG22D) and I thought I'd try the option to create a partition in ROM Manager for apps. This reboot on SD card "preparation" started after I did this. It seemed like the process in Rom Manager failed because it just went to the "M" screen sat there for a bit and then rebooted.

I've tried reformatting the SD card from the Droid, on my MAC and now I'll try reformatting the SD Card in Windows 7. To Fat 32 of course.

I think whatever partitions Rom manager tried to create borked something on my 32GB SD card... dog gummit!!!

Search tags for this page
android preparing sd card
android preparing sd card disabled
android reboot preparing sd card
is my phone supposed to say preparing sd card and galaxy not
mt allpication will restart to prepare sd card

mtp application will restart to prepare sd card

mtp application will restart to prepare sd card android rese
reboot s3 from sdcard
reboot when preparing sd card
sdcard making s4 restart