Instant FAIL using RSD Lite

Discussion in 'Android Custom & Themes' started by DroiDon, Jun 7, 2010.

1. DroiDon

DroiDon Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Well, I decided to try another box.. I tried another Win 7 64 bit, and got the same problem... Then, I tried to install on a Win XP 32 bit and it worked perfectly. I'm not sure why, but apparently I just couldn't get the 64bit drivers to work with my I guess.

2. megawatz

megawatz Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I'm also running an HP (TouchSmart tx2) with Windows 7 64-bit.

I had to use a Windows 7 32-bit computer to do mine via RSD Lite. Some of the problems they have is that the actual program itself is 32-bit. Therefore, when you trying and program using 32-bit software with 64-bit drivers, you get complications. Now if Motorola released an RSD Lite 64-bit, then everything would be fine. However, they haven't, so this is why we have complications. Some do work, some do not. this is just my take on it.

3. kpiskin

kpiskin Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Based on what's being said about RSDLIte being 32bit, maybe the issue for Win7 64 isn't running RSDLite in admin mode, but rather in a windows compatibility (XP) mode to see if it works that way. I might try that this evening and see what happens.

4. DroiDon

DroiDon Member

Ratings:
    +0
    it must be.. some say they haven't had an issue.. infact, a video I found on youtube had the guy running Win 7 64bit and it worked for him. Is there a 64bit version of RSD Lite floating around out there?

5. Fault

Fault Member

Ratings:
    +0
  6. kpiskin

kpiskin Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I installed the 64 bit drivers for my computer. That's not the issue. The issue is with RSDLite itself which is a 32bit app. It shouldn't have an effect, and obviously some win7-64 users have had no issues. At least I know I'm not going crazy wondering if I am doing something wrong.

I will try it on my Win7 32 netbook when I get home tonight to see if that helps. If not, then I'll try the compatibility mode on my daily Win7-64 notebook.

7. dlwhtrose

dlwhtrose Super Moderator
    Rescue Squad Premium Member

God forsaken desert, wishing to be back in Dixie
    Ratings:
    +33
    I think there is an issue within RSDLite. From personal experience and others I have read hear on the forum, Win7 and Vista need to run the 32 bit drivers and then the RSD Lite will see SP Recovery and your phone (provided you have Administrator rights turned on). That is what I had to do to root my husbands phone off our laptop.

8. megawatz

megawatz Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Negative. I tried that as well. Ran it in vista compatibility mode and windows xp SP1 and SP2.

Maybe it'll work for you but it didn't work for me. You can't install the 32-bit drivers on a 64-bit computer. RSD Lite is not avaliable in a 64-bit software version. Like I said, some people can get it to work, but it's through some type of small itty bitty crack in the system. dancedroid

Search tags for this page
bootloop rsd lite fail steps 1 and 6 of 22
porque me da fail el rsdlite
rsd lite 14/21 fail

rsd lite file properties

rsd lite file properties vazio