1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Instant FAIL using RSD Lite

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by DroiDon, Jun 7, 2010.

1. DroiDon

DroiDon New Member

Instant FAIL installing SPRecovery using RSD Lite

Hey all, I really appriciate any feedback you can give me regarding this issue.

I am using the walkthrough found here: Guide to Rooting Android 2.1 on a Motorola Droid | Droid Life: A Motorola Droid Blog

I am stuck at installing SPRecovery. Currently running Windows 7 64bit on an HP laptop.. I am running RSD Lite as admin. I have downloaded and installed the Motorola 64bit drivers. Whenever I run RSD Lite and try to start SPRecovery, I get instant Fail. The phone is plugged in and in the Boot Loader as well.

Here is a rundown of all the troubleshooting I've done so far:
    -Tried moving SPRecovery to different directories.. In 'My Documents' (where I find the file is located in all the walkthroughs I've found), whenever I select SPRecovery, nothing shows under 'File Properties' and Start is greyed out. When I move to the root of my C drive or D drive, I get file properties but fails instantly when I press Start. Same with any subfolder I move the file to.
    -Tried reinstalling the 64bit drivers several times.
    -Turned 'USB Debugging' on
    -Tried every one of my computers USB ports
    -Made sure the file was 'unlocked', and again , that I'm running RSD Lite in administrator.

I'm sure i'm missing something basic here, but I've been fighting it all morning to no avail. One thing I find odd is , the my documents directory is the only location where RSD Lite doesn't 'see' SPRecovery.. I have turned sharing off as well. I'm not sure why this is the only place it won't load the file.

Any help is much appriciated. I don't have a desktop computer to try this on, unfortunately
    Last edited: Jun 7, 2010
  2. zone117x

zone117x New Member

I also have a Windows 7 64-bit machine, and I ran into similar problems with RSDLight.
    From all the trouble you've went through so far, you might as well just root your device using a different method.
    Try this tutorial.
  3. DroiDon

DroiDon New Member

Thanks, but unfortunately this tutorial is exactly like the one I was following before. I'm basically doing step 1, and just cannot get the SPRecovery file to flash, start is either greyed out or fails. The other walkthrough even had a video, I followed it to a T (plugged in when he did, in the exact order, etc) and I still ran into an issue.

You're probably right though. I need to probably step back to 2.01 and go from there, I just really wanted to do this process because its so damn n00b proof, and its painfully obvious how much of a n00b I am.
  4. zone117x

zone117x New Member

My mistake, I should have specified! You can do "Option 2" from that tutorial, no RSDLight :)

Edit: I had Option 3 instead of Option 2.
  5. kpiskin

kpiskin New Member

I have the same configuration including the HP laptop, same issue.
  6. hookbill

hookbill Premium Member Premium Member

Not being helpful here, just going to mention it doesn't work on Mac running a Virtual Machine and Windows Vista (32 bit). I had to use my wife's Windows XP to get it to work.
  7. kpiskin

kpiskin New Member

You can't do option 3 unless you're already rooted. I'm unrooted 2.1.
  8. mrZoSo

mrZoSo New Member

Make sure in Device Manager you see it listed as Mot Composite ADB Interface and not Android Composite ADB Interface.(phone has to be plugged in usb and in debug mode to see this)
    If you need to change it, go to Update driver under the properties(dbl click on it)>Driver tab>Update Driver>select- Browse my computer for driver software>select- Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer> Select- Mot Composite ADB Interface

See if this helps.
  9. DroiDon

DroiDon New Member

Wow, awesome tip!! However unfortunately, its already Mot Composite ADB.
  10. zone117x

zone117x New Member

Sorry, it was Option 2. No RSDLight or root needed.
  11. drewlamo1

drewlamo1 New Member

im running win7 64bit but im on a DELL pc.

i got it to work, main thing was i had to have the sbf file on the root of the pc

c:\file

for some odd reason it wouldnt work unless it was there.

was greyed out ( wouldnt start )

when you open the file from rsd you should get black writing describing the file on the rsd main page application.

yea was rly weird but it worked.
    credit goes to someguy( not me ) for that fix if it works lol

cant remember where i read that but alas thats how i orignally fixed mine
  12. caslim

caslim New Member

I've tried all these little tricks, and nothing seems to work. Here is the error I get in the errorlog:

15:26:42, June 08, 2010
    Line: 865
    ERROR: \\?\c:\sprecovery_ese81.sbfw@x´þÿÿÿ‚qwñrwð¥ê contains an invalid path.
    File: X:\test_dev_usb\flash\code\flashdll\PST_FP_FlashFi leIO.cpp

15:26:42, June 08, 2010
    Line: 542
    ERROR: The superfile specified does not exist
    File: X:\test_dev_usb\flash\code\flashdll\FlashHdlr.cpp
    Device ID: 0
  13. DroiDon

DroiDon New Member

Well, I decided to try another box.. I tried another Win 7 64 bit, and got the same problem... Then, I tried to install on a Win XP 32 bit and it worked perfectly. I'm not sure why, but apparently I just couldn't get the 64bit drivers to work with my I guess.
  14. megawatz

megawatz New Member

I'm also running an HP (TouchSmart tx2) with Windows 7 64-bit.

I had to use a Windows 7 32-bit computer to do mine via RSD Lite. Some of the problems they have is that the actual program itself is 32-bit. Therefore, when you trying and program using 32-bit software with 64-bit drivers, you get complications. Now if Motorola released an RSD Lite 64-bit, then everything would be fine. However, they haven't, so this is why we have complications. Some do work, some do not. this is just my take on it.
  15. kpiskin

kpiskin New Member

Based on what's being said about RSDLIte being 32bit, maybe the issue for Win7 64 isn't running RSDLite in admin mode, but rather in a windows compatibility (XP) mode to see if it works that way. I might try that this evening and see what happens.
  16. DroiDon

DroiDon New Member

it must be.. some say they haven't had an issue.. infact, a video I found on youtube had the guy running Win 7 64bit and it worked for him. Is there a 64bit version of RSD Lite floating around out there?
  17. Fault

Fault New Member

18. kpiskin

kpiskin New Member

I installed the 64 bit drivers for my computer. That's not the issue. The issue is with RSDLite itself which is a 32bit app. It shouldn't have an effect, and obviously some win7-64 users have had no issues. At least I know I'm not going crazy wondering if I am doing something wrong.

I will try it on my Win7 32 netbook when I get home tonight to see if that helps. If not, then I'll try the compatibility mode on my daily Win7-64 notebook.
  19. dlwhtrose

dlwhtrose Super Moderator Premium Member

God forsaken desert, wishing to be back in Dixie
    I think there is an issue within RSDLite. From personal experience and others I have read hear on the forum, Win7 and Vista need to run the 32 bit drivers and then the RSD Lite will see SP Recovery and your phone (provided you have Administrator rights turned on). That is what I had to do to root my husbands phone off our laptop.
  20. megawatz

megawatz New Member

Negative. I tried that as well. Ran it in vista compatibility mode and windows xp SP1 and SP2.

Maybe it'll work for you but it didn't work for me. You can't install the 32-bit drivers on a 64-bit computer. RSD Lite is not avaliable in a 64-bit software version. Like I said, some people can get it to work, but it's through some type of small itty bitty crack in the system. dancedroid
Search tags for this page
bootloop rsd lite fail steps 1 and 6 of 22
porque me da fail el rsdlite
rsd lite 14/21 fail

rsd lite file properties

rsd lite file properties vazio