Instant email check?

StanH

Reaction score
My Droid x is set to check for new emails every 15 minutes. But there are times I want to do an instant check manually. How can I do this?

pool_shark

Reaction score
I don't use the regular email app, I use gmail, but you should be able to go into the email app and sync.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Open app>>from the inbox>>menu>>Refresh

OP
S

StanH

Reaction score
Thanks. The "refresh" button was right there but I hadn't noticed it before.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Can't you use data push instead of fetch?

The OP has it set for 15mins, but wanted to know how to force the sync manually.

pool_shark

Reaction score

bradneff

Reaction score
On both my email accounts, they always automatically fetched the email, but for some reason they're not doing this anymore. I've checked data push and it still doesn't work. Any suggestions.

strych9

Reaction score
My POP email push works great some of the time, but sometimes it won't grab new email until I "wake it up" by punching in my desktop password. I have been trying to determine where the issue lies, but my X continues to be stubborn. My email is through my web host, aplus.net. Wish I had an answer for you, but this baffles me.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

OP
S

StanH

Reaction score
Verizon required me to set up a Gmail account when I purchased my Droid X from them. I haven't started using it.

But I have two non-Gmail email apps on the phone -- the original one and K9 mail --both aimed at a pop3 mailbox at my web provider. I was told at the Verizon store where I bought my DX that deletions on the phone can delete the corresponding emails off the pop3 server, but that deletions off a pop3 server using my PC will not delete off the DX. He said that only Gmail can do that. A little experimenting seems to confirm this?

Also, when I delete off the phone with one of the email apps the deleted emails remain on the other client. The two apps must store their emails in separate folders.

Android version 2.2.1
System version 2.3.340
Would someone please explain the difference in meaning between the two version numbers?

I am thinking of making all my email forward to Gmail mailboxes. I would then work with Gmail on my PC and let it update the phone automatically. Is this a good workable idea?

Last edited:

pool_shark

Reaction score
Verizon required me to set up a Gmail account when I purchased my Droid X from them. I haven't started using it.

But I have two non-Gmail email apps on the phone -- the original one and K9 mail --both aimed at a pop3 mailbox at my web provider. I was told at the Verizon store where I bought my DX that deletions on the phone can delete the corresponding emails off the pop3 server, but that deletions off a pop3 server using my PC will not delete off the DX. He said that only Gmail can do that. A little experimenting seems to confirm this?

Also, when I delete off the phone with one of the email apps the deleted emails remain on the other client. The two apps must store their emails in separate folders.

Android version 2.2.1
System version 2.3.340
Would someone please explain the difference in meaning between the two version numbers?

I am thinking of making all my email forward to Gmail mailboxes. I would then work with Gmail on my PC and let it update the phone automatically. Is this a good workable idea?

This is what I do. I have my roadrunner accounts forwarded to gmail, they also delete from the roadrunner server after forwarding. This way I don't have to clean my roadrunner emails at all, it's all done from gmail.
You can also set gmail to send emails as your other account.

Mule65

Reaction score

Yes! Google phone + Gmail = Happiness.