1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Installing themes/Roms/Live Wallpapers

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by MasterMike32, Jul 19, 2010.

1. MasterMike32

MasterMike32 New Member

Hey I just rooted my motorola droid yesterday and I have seen all of these custom roms and themes but I have no idea how to install them. can someone show me how to put new themes romss and live wallpapers on my Droid? ty in advance ;)
  2. dlwhtrose

dlwhtrose Super Moderator Premium Member

God forsaken desert, wishing to be back in Dixie
    Are you running SPrecovery or ClockworkMod/ROM Manager???
  3. MasterMike32

MasterMike32 New Member

I have the sprecovery I already rooted my droid and installed a default froyo rom I think it was called sapphire and I just wanted to try out some new stuff. I think I have to put the new rom in as update.zip but my question is how do you put it on and since there is already a rom on there named update.zip do you delete that one or what? its so confusing

EDIT:Actually I have SPrecovery and Rom manager but when I first rooted my droid I used SPrecovery
    Last edited: Jul 20, 2010
  4. stratt

stratt New Member

Did u flash Clockwork through Rom Manager? Either way, if you have an update zip... it will work on SP and Clockwork. Delete the update zip on your sd card. Place the new update zip on you sd card. Reboot into SP recovery or Clockwork. Install the update from there.
  5. Shizzy1427

Shizzy1427 New Member

Well if you use Rom manager you can flash clockworkmod recovery and then download and install roms right from rom manager. the free version only has a few options, but those roms are the more popular ones like cyanogen and bugless beast. If you use rom manager to install a new rom make sure you check the boxes for creating a backup(in case anything goes wrong) and wiping data and cache ( to ensure proper rom installation). You will lose all your apps and texts and everything on your phone when you wipe data and cache, but the sd card remains untouched.
  6. alonsou

alonsou New Member

I can help you thru Goggle talk if you need assistance, it will be faster than using this post.

Alonso
    Last edited: Aug 18, 2010
  7. MasterMike32

MasterMike32 New Member

Yea I bought the rom manager pro thing but Im not really sure how to do the backup
  8. alonsou

alonsou New Member

Open RM scroll down to "backup Current ROM" give it a name if you want it (usually I give it the name of the ROM I'm using and then the date and time of the back up) hit ok and let it do its magic.

Every time you install a new theme or Rom, make sure to run a back up, you have no idea how important it is until you need them. :icon_eek:
  9. MasterMike32

MasterMike32 New Member

Ok it says that I need to install ClockworkMod recovery. does this replace sprecovery?
  10. alonsou

alonsou New Member

Yes it will replace SPR, but you can always go back and flash back SPR.... Open RM and the first option says "Flash ClockworkMod Recovery" click on it then it will give the "phone model" click on it and just wait. You should have a CWM 2.5.0.1 which is the latest.
  11. icculusX

icculusX Premium Member Theme Developer Premium Member

Flash Sapphire and Luna Theme will be release for it soon!
Search tags for this page

custome roms live wallpaper

how to port livewallpapers from roms

how to put live wallpapers on custom rom

live wallpaper en custom rom