installing themed widgets on HTC Incredible

jasonb

Reaction score
i have a smoked glass Feedr widget and a smoked glass news and weather widget on my droid that i would like to install on my new Incredible. how do i go about installing these themed widgets? ADB shell maybe? if so any idea which folder i can put them in? can i push them to data/apps or does it have to be system/apps?

i tried copying and pasting them from the system/apps folder on my droid onto my sd card, i then put that sd card into the incredible, and they would not install through astro. so it wasn't as simple as it could have been.

huskur

Reaction score
answers will be slow on this phone. Going to be more difficult having to work around sense ui overlay

OP
jasonb

jasonb

Reaction score
answers will be slow on this phone. Going to be more difficult having to work around sense ui overlay

i think this procedure would be similar if not exactly the same as the droid. i am guessing i can just adb push it to the phone but i'd hate to mess up a new phone. i guess i can try it on my droid first and see if it works when i just try to adb push them on.

OP
jasonb

jasonb

Reaction score
no hackers in this section huh?

JonKyu

Silver Member
Reaction score
Don't you have to be rooted first in order to adb push things into the system partition?

OP
jasonb

jasonb

Reaction score
Don't you have to be rooted first in order to adb push things into the system partition?

i don't think so, but i may be wrong. it might not have to go to the system partition anyway. this is why i am asking.

JonKyu

Silver Member
Reaction score

i don't think so, but i may be wrong. it might not have to go to the system partition anyway. this is why i am asking.

Oh lol well I'm not too sure about the rooted thing either, you might have to snoop around the sd card. Beautiful widgets has skin files for it's widgets in the data folder on the sd card. Otherwise it might be stored within the .apk themselves.

Last edited:

Dream

Reaction score
The phone just came out, give the hackers some time!

OP
jasonb

jasonb

Reaction score
yes you need to be rooted in order to write to that directory.

ok. would the file HAVE to be loaded into the system directory? can it just be put where downloaded apps go?

The phone just came out, give the hackers some time!

lol. i actually don't plan on rooting this phone. my moto droid was rooted and i hated having to constantly monitor cpu temps. the phone was a bit faster being overclocked but it was still buggy. i was getting tired of apps force closing and locking. i am going to try to leave this phone stock.

i would just like to use my themes widgets, that's all.