Installing The LG G3 Keyboard To Any Android

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score

Normally i like my devices to be running as close to AOSP as possible. Because I love vanilla Android I normally achieve this on OEM skinned devices by installing a custom rom like Cyanogen Mod. I have been using the LG G3 for quite some time now and I have to say that I really don't hate LG's version of Android. After installing the Google Now launcher I have found everything else to be fine. I have not even changed the keyboard. The G3 keyboard is actually pretty accurate in its predictions and I can type pretty efficiently on it. If you would like to give the G3 keyboard a try there is now a method for installing it to any Android. You will need to be rooted, and have a root file explorer. Head to the link below for the APK download and full instructions on how to install the LG G3 keyboard to your device.

Via HighOnAndroid

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
have the LG G3 and not very fond of the keyboard. I found it to be quite inaccurate when swiping and tapping kinda sucks too. But hey, to each their own. I did like how you can scale it size from larger to smaller.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score

Normally i like my devices to be running as close to AOSP as possible. Because I love vanilla Android I normally achieve this on OEM skinned devices by installing a custom rom like Cyanogen Mod. I have been using the LG G3 for quite some time now and I have to say that I really don't hate LG's version of Android. After installing the Google Now launcher I have found everything else to be fine. I have not even changed the keyboard. The G3 keyboard is actually pretty accurate in its predictions and I can type pretty efficiently on it. If you would like to give the G3 keyboard a try there is now a method for installing it to any Android. You will need to be rooted, and have a root file explorer. Head to the link below for the APK download and full instructions on how to install the LG G3 keyboard to your device.

Via HighOnAndroid

Been running it a few days now and not that bad.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
I haven't had any issues with the G3 KB especially with it's accuracy.

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
I use Swype but honestly it sucks today compared to the beta days that was released with the DroidX. When it was in the beta back then it was amazing. Now, it works but its not as accurate. I've tried SwiftKey but its just not good for me. Maybe I just suck at typing on a smart phone =D.