installing the leaked ota jelly bean update

Status
Not open for further replies.

cybertj.2000

Reaction score
I was looking over the thread below and wanted to know if its possible to install this without having to root my phone? (Running stock ICS .211)

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2069935

The leak does not require root, as the ota version doesn't either, the instructions are there and it should be fairly simple to do

We are the Droid!! You will be assimilated!! Resistance is futile!!

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Droid Forums

OP
E

eh624

Reaction score
Would I just use steps 1-3, 12-18? Steps 4-11 talk about "temp root" and "protect root"

JohnFH

Reaction score
Would I just use steps 1-3, 12-18? Steps 4-11 talk about "temp root" and "protect root"

For those of us who haven't rooted our RAZR XT912s, the simplest is way to load the Dec 24 JB release onto our SD cards and then install it using stock recovery. No PC is needed. It's very important to fully charge your phone first. Also. your phone must be on the stock 211 ICS build. The process takes about 15 minutes. I did this on Dec 25, and JB has been flawless.

Sent from my DROID RAZR running 4.1.2

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
I was looking over the thread below and wanted to know if its possible to install this without having to root my phone? (Running stock ICS .211)

[Leaked-Ota][Cdma][4.1.2] Jelly Bean 98.72.8 (12/27/12) - xda-developers

This has been covered completely here http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...lly-bean-leak-classroom-w-mattyp-friends.html. You do NOT need to root, and now that the leaked version of Jelly Bean for the RAZR and RAZR MAXX has been rooted, you don't have to go through the steps you mention to "temp root" and "protect root" if you do want root. Instead, you simply install the rom, then root afterwards.

All the instructions are in the first post by me, and there are plenty of members and staff covering any questions.

Closing this thread now.

Status
Not open for further replies.