Installing ROM's

ElShotte

Reaction score
I know this has probably been asked 1000+ times, and there are stickied tutorials even on this forum. Everything gets updated rather frequently and I don't want to do anything if the names don't match and I have to fill in the blanks because I don't want to risk bricking my phone.

What I have done so far:

• 1. Before I was aware of being able to install custom ROMs, I updated the firmware to 2.3.20
  • 2. Rooted my phone.
  • 3. Installed Bootstrap Recovery from Market.

At this point, what I would like to do is install a custom ROM to get rid of all this useless Blur crap, and then install a custom theme.

I know I have to match both to my firmware version (2.3.20) otherwise there might be issues. I just wish someone would tell me the order of doing things and perhaps point me to some updated materials. I have read somewhere that I need to deodex my phone. I have also come across this writeup which seems to be specifically for 2.3.20 from the Droid 2 Hacking/ROM Install Class thread, but the instructions on that page are rather vague and I am a complete amateur. Could someone please help a noob out?