1. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Installing Ringtones

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by lowvolt, Dec 11, 2011.

1. lowvolt

lowvolt New Member

I am now running Vortex custom rom on my droid x. I was using liquid but I could not use the stock social status widget with liquid so went to vortex. My question now is. How can I put some of the liquid ringtones on my droid x running vortex? I tried unzipping vortex and liquid and copying over the ringtones i wanted then zipping it backup and flashing and i got an instal aborted error. I then tried to convert the .ogg files to mp3 files and then uploaded them to phonezoo and sent them to my phone. Now I have half a dozen 3 second mp3 clips in my downloads folder and I cant seem to figure out how to make them ringtones.
  2. rubiksc00p

rubiksc00p Well-Known Member

Somewhere on this amazing ball of creation!
    Use an app called ringdroid. You can edit the clips as well and set them as ringtones.

Swyped and sent through the interwebz directly to you from somewhere and some device that doesn't concern you!
    1 person likes this.
  3. tjk629

tjk629 New Member

You were on the right track with your first try. You just shouldn't have rezipped the file and tried to flash it.

Take the Liquid ROM and unzip it. Locate the ringtones you want to use and then put them on your SD card in the media > audio > ringtones folder (for notifications media > audio > notifications). Later if you want you can use a file manager like File Expert to move them over to your internal.