Installing new update

beckx020

Reaction score
I have a Droid 1 that I rooted right after 2.2 with the "how to root no matter what" instructions. I was assuming there would never BE anymore updates for the Droid 1.

So, when I tell it to install the update, I get the SP recovery menu. What do I pick to install the update? I know I'll have to root again. I need root because I sometimes wireless tether. I also backup.

I've tried to follow some of the threads about this, but either can't or they don't tell me something I can understand.

Please, if you can help me, give exact steps I can follow. Thank you!

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I believe SP will block the update. I haven't gotten an update message since 2.1 so its either SP or the ROMs I've ran blocking them.

DroidForums junkie!!

OP
beckx020

beckx020

Reaction score
Yes, I need instructions to install the update. It sounds like you can't update either. So, can someone give instructions please?

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I'm glad I haven't been offered an "update" been rooted for 6 months straight and never want to go back.
You'll need to unroot, update, then re-root. Find a link in Spaz33g's sig called "multiple phones: root them/unroot them". Good luck!

Yes, I need instructions to install the update. It sounds like you can't update either. So, can someone give instructions please?

DroidForums junkie!!

OP
beckx020

beckx020

Reaction score
You can be glad all you want. I want the update.

1. I wanted the update to install and ok if it removed root. I will reroot.

So, since nobody can help on this it seems, other than to tell me things that don't help me, I unrooted.

BAD idea. Now my phone which I have customized for a year is messed up. I tried to reroot and restore a backup but that doesn't work. So my messages and logs etc are all gone forever. My settings are gone forever.

Anyone out there in the same boat, don't unroot. Try your own post to see if someone can tell you how to get the update to just install and unroot you without wiping your phone.

OP
beckx020

beckx020

Reaction score
So, now none of my apps will download. They are in download paused.

How to fix that???????? I don't need a reply saying that someone is glad they can't download their apps.