1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Installing HTC IME keyboard

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by actngrezy, Apr 15, 2010.

1. actngrezy

actngrezy New Member Developer

Ok so I was going to install the HTC IME keyboard and had a few questions before doing so. I took the 2 apk files and put them on the root of my sd card and then was goign to use android mate and install them like the direction say you can either use abd or a file manager. now do i need to put these files into a certain folder or by placing them on the root and using the file mgr will they be placed where they need to be?
    Also if i do this and dont like it i can alway choose the default keyboard instead of this one and my default correct? or I could just go into where they are in the system folder and delete them or is there a special way i need to delete them?
    Sorry for the questions i have seen this keyboard on a few roms and like it and i know it was used on the nextheme ese81 and i knwo the nexbeast theme was based on bbv9 which i am currently runnign so i figured i wouldnt have any issues.

here is the link for what Im trying to do:
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=624416
  2. natediddy1120

natediddy1120 New Member

Yeah man just put them anywhere on your sdcard. Click on them and click to install just like any apk. You might have to check to allow non-market apps to be installed in Settings > Applications > Unknown sources. But they just install like normal app. After you install it you will need to go into the launguage and keyboard settings and check the option for the new keyboard and configure to your preference.

Now if you want skin the keyboard later it will need to put in the system partition instead of data, adb push was the only way that worked for me.
  3. hookerdj

hookerdj New Member

after using swype for the past coupl eweeks i cant get used to anything else now so im riding with swype still
  4. actngrezy

actngrezy New Member Developer

whats swype? im sorry ive seen a few people talke about that not really sure what that is
    And after I do install the HTC one will i have the ption to still you the default on or will the one i install get rid of the default one?
  5. cupfulloflol

cupfulloflol New Member

You can have as many keyboards at once installed and swappable on the fly as you like.

Once you install the keyboard go to Settings. Click on language and keyboard, and make sure the box is checked next to all keyboards you want enabled (touch input = HTC). Then go to a text input somewhere, like a google search box. Long press in it, select "Input method" then select what keyboard you want to use at that time.

Swype | Text Input for Screens That is what swype is, there are many threads here with the beta releases. E2A Click on product, then videos for a demonstration of how it works. Shapewriter is on the market and similar.
Search tags for this page
hacker's keyboard ime
hacker’s keyboard ime
hackers keyboard ime

how to install htc ime keyboard

how to install htc ime mod

htc ime

htc ime apk

htc ime install

htc ime keyboard

htc ime keyboard apk

htc ime keyboard galaxy s3