Installing fonts on UDv10

Discussion in 'Android Roms' started by JStandiford21, Apr 13, 2010.

1. JStandiford21

JStandiford21 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Ok, since the blackdroid section is locked down right now I am going to try and ask this here.

I tried installing a font package from the repository through the update.zip method in sprecovery and just get stuck at the Motorola logo on boot so I went back to a nandroid backup.

Are the fonts currently not working on v10? or is it just that you can't do the update.zip method with them on v10?

If there is another way to install the fonts, I would be happy to know.

2. fUry327

fUry327 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I believe alot of the extras like that (fonts, boot anims, lwps), the current update.zips are not compatible with v10. I think I saw BD post somewhere in that bottomless-post that he's working on making everything compatible.

Just sit tight and everything will be brought up to speed soon.

3. ravichopra

ravichopra Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I was able to change the font in UD10 using the free version of metamorph. Easy peasy.

4. M1dnite

M1dnite Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Where did you get the fonts from?

5. ravichopra

ravichopra Member

Ratings:
    +0
    You can use any true type font. BTW I think you an also push them into your system with root explorer.

Someone had posted a metamorph theme in the Themes forum with over 20 fonts to choose from. Probably the easiest way to go if you are new to this.

6. SDI

SDI Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Can anyone please tell me how to load anything onto UD version 10? I was trying to load the version 10 live wallpapers and it keeps getting stuck at the M logo? I have tried using clockwork and spr and both do the same thing?

7. JStandiford21

JStandiford21 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I actually ended up installing the font that I wanted by using terminal on the droid and jut copying the two font files from my sd card over to the fonts folder in system, replacing the current ones and that worked great.

SDI - so you did the update.zip method for the live wallpapers?

8. cesareborgia

cesareborgia Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I manually pushed .ttf fonts and am using UD 10.0. It works fine. Most of the themes through MM or the themes in update.zip format do not work. If you are having problems I suggest just simply waiting until UD 10.0 is updated to be compatible.

9. SDI

SDI Member

Ratings:
    +0

Yes i took the blue driod eye live wall paper from black droid's repository that was labeled under v10 live wallpapers and loaded it to my computer and renamed to update.zip then went into spr recovery and tried to install it and on boot it just hung at the M logo and had to do a battery pull and then restore. I also tried through clock work and it did the same thing?

10. JStandiford21

JStandiford21 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hmm, I just tried to install a livewallpaper using the method I used for my font and it didn't like that, my phone is fine and the wallpaper is installed, but it force closes when trying to select it. Maybe I will try it with one of the V10 ones and see what it does.

11. SDI

SDI Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Ok let me know and see if it is or my phone, thank you

12. bigdwoody

bigdwoody New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Fonts Glitching in UD 10

Is anyone else having problems with the fonts in the notification panel? I manually pushed the Cartoon font to the font folder and most of the time it works fine, but sometimes the notification panel glitches and I cannot see any text there. When I restart it is fine again, but after I receive a few notifications it glitches again and the text disappears. Text also doesn't show in some popups like the Restart dialogue box. Any ideas?