Installing Cyanogenmod 6 just for a theme

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by JasonPurp, Oct 22, 2010.

1. JasonPurp

JasonPurp New Member

Ok. This thread, I believe, belongs here. But perhaps not. I'm just so confused.

As some of you may know, I made a thread not too long ago, frantic because I attempted to install this theme: http://www.droidforums.net/forum/koush/58573-theme-xtheme-droid-x-cyanogenmod-6-a.html

However, I got stuck at a boot animation loop. The entire point of me installing a custom ROM is to get that theme. I want it badly. But between the Google Apps download not working in ROM Manager, and me being ignorant with installing themes, I need advice and maybe help.

Is it worth it to try installing Cyanogenmod again just to use this theme? Installing the ROM, ATTEMPTING to get Google Apps, and ATTEMPTING to install the theme again.

The reason this is in the help section is because if a majority thinks I should, I would need links, quick tutorials on how to get the theme working.

I'm sorry for only making threads asking for help, but it's needed. When I get everything sorted out, I'll start being a helpful member of the forums.
  2. teddyearp

teddyearp Active Member

I wonder if it's worth it to you as well, since you say "ATTEMPTING to get Google Apps". You just started this thread here today about google apps to which I gave a reply less than 40 minutes before you started this thread. Did you get that issue fixed?

I think you should tackle one thing successfully at a time. Besides, there are ways to take the stuff out of that theme and put it on any rom if you know what you're doing, but before you ask me, don't. Explaining how is WAY above my current pay grade, lol.

good luck
  3. JasonPurp

JasonPurp New Member

Haha, well, I was gonna try that out if people thought I should retry this. I guess I have a backup of everything so it won't hurt to try again...
  4. drew211

drew211 New Member

I am going throught the exact samething you describe for the same reasons. I just started but I will keep you posted. I am sure we are not alone.
  5. furbearingmammal

furbearingmammal DF Super Moderator

So far north in NY I smell maple syrup when the wi
    Check the other thread that teddy linked to; there's an answer on there for getting the Google app pack.