Installing a rom

workablemass

Reaction score
Just a quick question, I am new to the rom thing and I am wanting to install the MIUI rom to my phone. I just want to be sure I have all the right tools and information. I am installing on a Droid 2 Global. I have bootstrapper and rom manager. I have the rom. is there anything else I need? Thanks in advance for the help.

OP
W

workablemass

Reaction score
Like I said thanks in advance for the help, I figured it out on my own! WASSUP now, lol. dancedroid :icon_ banana:dancedroid

breedingh8

Reaction score
Just a quick question, I am new to the rom thing and I am wanting to install the MIUI rom to my phone. I just want to be sure I have all the right tools and information. I am installing on a Droid 2 Global. I have bootstrapper and rom manager. I have the rom. is there anything else I need? Thanks in advance for the help.

Google and guide from xda or rootzwiki for your particular device and ROM to be sure and to have it in front of you, sounds like your on the right track. Happy romming

Sent from my GT-P7510 using DroidForums

OP
W

workablemass

Reaction score
I was on the right track, until i tried to use my shoot me app to cap my screen. It didnt work. my phone told me that it wasn't rooted, I rooted it again and everything was going well until the last reboot it just stayed at the M logo. any suggestions?

breedingh8

Reaction score
I was on the right track, until i tried to use my shoot me app to cap my screen. It didnt work. my phone told me that it wasn't rooted, I rooted it again and everything was going well until the last reboot it just stayed at the M logo. any suggestions?

Did you create a nandroid back up? Sounds like its time to restore it. Otherwise might want to Google soft brick 'your device' stuck at M logo after miui flash etc. Try accessing CWR and wiping cache or use moto recovery and reset.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

Last edited:
OP
W

workablemass

Reaction score
Did you create a nandroid back up? Sounds like its time to restore it. Otherwise might want to Google soft brick 'your device' stuck at M logo after miui flash etc. Try accessing CWR and wiping cache or use moto recovery and reset.

I did create a back up but since the phone wasn't recognizing the root I dont think it the bootstrap app was accessible.

breedingh8

Reaction score
I did create a back up but since the phone wasn't recognizing the root I dont think it the bootstrap app was accessible.

Try getting into CWR battery pulls etc. If not sounds like you'll have to SBF, root, bootstrap then restore. I've had to do it on my DX couple 100 times do the SBF before you loose battery I'd just do it now once you're battery goes your screwed for tonight unless you have an external wall charger or a programming cable ..good luck.

OP
W

workablemass

Reaction score
Thank you for taking the time to help me. It was greatly appreciated!!!! I was able to rescue my strong lil droid.