Installing a new/different kernal

Discussion in 'Bugless' started by jcwilliams, Nov 9, 2010.

1. jcwilliams

jcwilliams Senior Member

Ratings:
    +3
    I have been trying to install and try a different kernal to see how they all work but when I download the zip onto sdcard under downloads and go into recovery to install it says it installs but gets stuck on boot logo on start up then I have to do a system restore to get it to boot all the way. Can anyone help? I've redownloaded the files that I wanted to try and still no luck. I've cleared rom manager download cache and still same problem.

2. DF Smod

DF Smod Silver Member

Ratings:
    +93
    If it doesn't boot past the (M) then the kernel is incompatible with your device - not all kernels work with all devices -

What kernels are you trying ?

3. jcwilliams

jcwilliams Senior Member

Ratings:
    +3
    I had read on a thread that someone had switched from chevys to a p3droid kernal and helped a lot with battery and they are strickly for 2.2 so I was going to try and report back but it won't go past m logo and this isn't the only kernal it has done this on. I've had like 4 different kernals that I've tried all installed the same but the last 2 that I've wanted to try won't let my phone boot and they say they should work...

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

4. DF Smod

DF Smod Silver Member

Ratings:
    +93
    What ghz/mhz are you trying to use and how are you installing it - through ROM Manager ?

Also Slahyer makes some good Froyo kernels -

5. jcwilliams

jcwilliams Senior Member

Ratings:
    +3
    Right now I'm running chevys 250 to 1000mhz and was going to go to a 125 to 1200mhz kernal by p3droid someone said it helped a lot on battery bc right now that's the only thing I'm having problems with on my phone and I thought it won't hurt to try some different ones. Well I googled p3droid kernals downloaded and after download was complete I pulled down notification Bar and clicked on it it took me to rom manager and went into recovery to install.

6. DF Smod

DF Smod Silver Member

Ratings:
    +93
    Are you sure the p3 kernels you are trying are Froyo specific ?

7. jcwilliams

jcwilliams Senior Member

Ratings:
    +3
    Yea on the website I went to that's all that was labled there was froyo ones. All I did was googles p3droid kernals and the first link that comes up is the kernal download page. That why I'm almost wondering if there's something else going on on my phone ya know? I've downloaded and installed them all the same way and now they want to act up so idk.

8. jcwilliams

jcwilliams Senior Member

Ratings:
    +3
    maybe this will help....i just installed slayhers kernal and it booted up. then i went to go reply to a text message i had received and the phone cut off all by its self. now its stuck on my bot animation. should i be clearing old kernals out or something??

and also i dont know if this has anything to do with it but before it rebooted to install kernal i was sitting at 60 percent battery and then when it did come to life it had 80...i dont know whats up with that either.

Search tags for this page

how to install different kernal for s4

install different kernel with domination rom