Installing a custom launcher

Discussion in 'Samsung Galaxy Nexus' started by AKH, Jan 18, 2012.

1. AKH

AKH New Member

Do you ever have to delete or remove the old stock launcher before or after installing the new one? I ask because I flashed nova launcher and thought I followed the directions to the "T" but when I rebooted the screens did not look right, nothing like the posts said and I could not get the google search bar to remove as it was supposed to do even though I clicked the right option in settings. Then when I tried to unisatll it and wento into CWM recovery the phone just froze with LOADING in big letters and a warning to not turn the phone off!! After 20 min I clicked to START and the phone booted up but was not right.

I then decided to flash back to my back up and now I am ok. I would like to use that custom layncher but want to do it right.
  2. smalltowngirl13

smalltowngirl13 DF Administrator Staff Member

After you flashed, did you press the home key - it would not necessarily become your default home screen without you selecting it. Generally this is by pressing the home key and seeing which home replacements you have installed.
  3. AKH

AKH New Member

No, I did not do that there was nothing in any of the sites I looked at for instructions and I looked at 3-4 of them. They were all almost word for word the same and nothing about clicking the home screen and selecting your default.Do you know how to tell if I am in CWM recovery or stock?
  4. bhfd64

bhfd64 Premium Member Rescue Squad Premium Member

Stock recovery has just 4 or 5 menu options. Can't remember exactly what it looks like or says on the as I only saw it once before flashing CWMR. CWMR would have more menu options and say Clockwork Recovery at the top. You say you flashed Nova launcher? I hadn't seen a flashable version, but that doesn't mean it doesn't exist. If you flashed it, that would be done in CWMR. How exactly did you install it?
Search tags for this page

delete old launcher if installed a new one

delete old launcher to use a new one?

how to install nova launcher on titan

how to remove launcher from coustom rom

how to remove nova launcher from custom rom

how to remove nova launcher from rom

how to replace a launcher in custom rom

how to uninstall custom launcher using cwm