Installer Broken

quittle

Reaction score
I have a major problem with my droid. I've had it since late November and love it. It's rooted and I've been using Bugless Beast since 1.5. I've updated everytime Pete puts out a new one. However, I tried switching to Ultimate Droid, it sucks, and CyanogenMod 6.0.0., but what I didn't realize at the time, was that it wasn't the Droid version, but the D/S version. Afterwards I did a nandroid restore but the installer doesn't work. The market will download apps and then when it tries to install, it gets stuck. Also trying to just install from the SD card doesn't work. I've tried doing factory resets, going back to BB 0.3, everything but an MDS Lite flashing (i don't remember the correct name but whatever). I can get some apps back from the nandroid restores but Titanium Backup isn't working because I can't install any apps. I also can't uninstall apps :(. Sometimes, for reasons unknown, it will allow a couple apps to install or uninstall, but apps that I had used Pete's Apps2SD (non-hack but Froyo based) to move to the SD card won't open from my launcher and says, "application is not installed". Idk what to do to fix this. Anyone else have a similar problem with "Package Installer"? One final thing that seems to be related is when I go to "Manage Applications" it never finishes calculating the apps memory use. It just keeps saying "Calculating..." :(

Corinacakes

Super Moderator
Theme Developer
Reaction score
So please elaborate :D You installed Ultimate DroId via sprecovery and it sucked? Then you what?

OP
Q

quittle

Reaction score
actually, I use Clockwork recovery. I think I just did an update.zip to Cyanogen from UD

OP
Q

quittle

Reaction score
Ok I fixed it. Here's what you do:

1. Do an app backup if you have one
2. Do a Nandroid Backup
3. Do and RSD Lite flash from recovery back to 2.0.1 (Get to recovery by holding up on the D-Pad while booting up)
4. Reroot
5. Get Rom Manager and flash latest Clockwork Recovery
6. Flash your new Rom
7. Restore apps (I only say do it after flashing rom because you can't restore Live Wallpapers or Google Earth in 2.0.1)

**Note: I've found that it takes a couple of minutes after mounting SD Card to be able to use apps on the sd card.

**Recomendation: Get the Logcat LiveWP Lite to see when you have finished mounting all apps and stuff.

Let me know if this helps/works

J

jazz2e5

I had the same problem and what turned out to be the problem was an app called Twilight that automatically "warms" the tone of the display at dusk. I read somewhere else that it's apps like this that automatically adjust the display that can be the culprit. For me, if I disabled that app, the install button worked, and when I re-enabled it I could no longer install non-Market apps. Strange, but at least I found the problem. Samsung Galaxy S3