installed v.04 and now Super User constant FC?

Discussion in 'Bugless' started by Eddog4DROID, Sep 12, 2010.

1. Eddog4DROID

Eddog4DROID Member

Ratings:
    +0
    anyone know if this is normal or what it is going on? anytime the superuser needs to be accessed, it FC. I do know that after I installed BB i have only 5 MB of space left internally.

edit: I just went back to ClockWorkMod and wiped system/data and will reapply BB. The first time I did not wipe so maybe it was just too bloated.

#1 Eddog4DROID, Sep 12, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 12, 2010
  2. DF Smod

DF Smod Silver Member

Ratings:
    +93
    It is always recommended that you wipe data/cache before installing a new ROM, especially with all of these different builds and source ROMs, if not you end up bringing "junk" from your previous ROM and it can have adverse affects on your system

3. Eddog4DROID

Eddog4DROID Member

Ratings:
    +0
    2 more quick questions:

This is my first ROM. On non-Rooted Stock, I had MAJOR MAJOR redraw issues before I finnally discovered ADW and the settings there helped eliminate it. How is BB v.04 with redraws, should I go back to ADW?

Also, I read this is clocked to 800 MHz. Is that the default processor speed w/o me doing anything? I also bought SetCPU, is it needed here?

edit: Wiping the data did seem to fix the problem above.

4. DF Smod

DF Smod Silver Member

Ratings:
    +93
    I believe Pete has implemented some sort of CPU script but I recommend using SetCPU on top of it, this way you can monitor the CPU, as with any ROM there are redraw issues I use Launcher Pro with all of it's keep in memory settings and it helps as I am sure ADW has the same settings